UK Energy Prices

Sponsored Links
If you don't have a smart meter, be very careful to not accidentally put in a higher reading before the price rises come into effect.
Remember to put on your reading glasses, otherwise you might accidentally pay this month for some of the energy you use next month after the price rises.
Be careful folks!
Surely that would be advantageous.

what are you suggesting!?!?!

Christmas is cancelled this year..

It's going to be mayhem. Everybody will be getting together, everybody will be buying loads as a few shops will close Boxing Day, and now energy in crisis.
Last year I bought a frozen turkey in November, might see if I can make space in the freezer sooner!
And I might get ready to do BBQ turkey, just in case we're out of power

Sponsored Links
yes, yes, I was being cheeky! Obviously, it is probably frowned upon by energy companies to do this!

Yes, but you should have said make sure you don't put in a lower reading than on the meter.

The companies will not frown on this.

not yet built.

I don't think they've actually got one built and working.
But not at the "at the early stages of experiment and prototyping." as you suggest.

I think I heard 7-8 years suggested that hydrogen will be injected into the gas network, but I maybe misremembering that.

Industrial hydrogen use could be online before that.

But not at the "at the early stages of experiment and prototyping." as you suggest.

is there a successful prototype providing proof of concept?

Where is it?

Along with new nuclear, we are investing in hydrogen production, which can kick in especially when excess energy is produced by wind/solar. There are large scale sites that will be able to use instead of methane, but a 20% injection into the gas nework will also be maintained.
We're only really investing in 'Blue' Hydrogen under the recent plans, which is made from Fossil fuels with partial carbon capture. That might build a market for Green hydrogen in the future, but it it isn't the sort that can be switched on and off as electricity supply varies.

over reliance on gas, ofgem not regulating the suppliers properly so focusing on competition and not hedging risk leading to suppliers going bust at an alarming rate.

On the subject of Hydrogen, a European company has some encouraging news:

"Airbus gears up for hydrogen jet as fuel of future edges closer to reality

Aerospace group confident it can deliver a plane powered by gas by 2035, but warns state and regulatory support is needed"

"Hydrogen’s moment is fast approaching, according to Airbus. Talked about as the fuel of the future for years, Guillaume Faury, the planemaker’s chief executive, says the company is ready to start building a hydrogen-powered commercial airliner before the end of the decade.

Europe’s aerospace champion is increasingly confident that 2035 is a “fair and realistic perspective” for a hydrogen plane to enter service, despite scepticism among other industry leaders about how quickly the gas can make an impact on aviation emissions.

“We don’t need to change the laws of physics to go with hydrogen. Hydrogen has an energy density three times that of kerosene — [technically it] is made for aviation,” Faury told reporters at an Airbus event on sustainability in Toulouse."

FT.com

Sponsored Links
Back