Uk has smallest new build properties in the EU

The comparison doesn’t really mean much unless you take account of km/person. It stands to reason that countries more densely populated have to make more efficient use of land.

Sponsored Links
The comparison doesn’t really mean much unless you take account of km/person. It stands to reason that countries more densely populated have to make more efficient use of land.
Since the Netherlands has almost twice the population density we have and much larger properties, it seems a weak link.

only 5.9% of the UK is built on

UK 275 per sq Km
Germany 240 per sq Km
Belgium 383 per sq Km

50% of UK land owned by 1% of population

eg:
Hugh Grosvenor, 7th Duke of Westminster: 140,000 acres
he isnt doing badly for a 29 year old

Sponsored Links
Since the Netherlands has almost twice the population density we have and much larger properties, it seems a weak link.
Indeed. Also, I wonder how the the figure would look for the UK if you excluded London (and even the crazy areas of Leeds and Manchester with expensive apartments)? They seem rather good at squeezing ever more tiny houses into gaps there.

I once visited a house in London with a similar downstairs area to our house, and later found out it cost x10 what ours was worth at the time.

My loft conversion was only about 2m, so if BC passed that, maybe they would pass a whole house at 2m?
My 2002 Barratt home was about 2.2m I think.

50% of UK land owned by 1% of population

eg:
Hugh Grosvenor, 7th Duke of Westminster: 140,000 acres
he isnt doing badly for a 29 year old
It helps when you are able to avoid inheritance tax!

As it does our benefit scrounging immigrant 'firm'!

for the land owner.

And the farmer benefits.
You seem to think that with these land owning lords its all take take take.
A local estate of 2500 acres and owned by his lordship Lord .......... employs 10 people.
Including my brother.
It generates an income of about £2 million per year. Most of which goes back into the local community.

And the farmer benefits.
A local estate of 2500 acres and owned by his lordship Lord .......... employs 10 people.
Including my brother.
It generates an income of about £2 million per year. Most of which goes back into the local community.
So, 51% to the locals, 49% to the landlord?

And the farmer benefits.
Including my brother.
So, as to what started this, do you think his Lordship is a farmer?
If so the employed are just that - employees.

How much more would the employees and community benefit if his Lordship did not 'own' the land?
How much did he pay for it in the first place?

Keep tugging your forelock.

How much more would the employees and community benefit if his Lordship did not 'own' the land?

Well its like this.
If you republicans filled with hate had your way. It would be split up, concreted over with housing estates filled with slackers and breeders whose main intent is to bleed the tax payer.
It would then generate sweet fa.
Keep tugging your todger boyo.

Lets see if you can work out how he makes £2 million plus on his 2500 acres. Per year.
A clue...theres no livestock or saleable crops.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back