UK police exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sounds like a load of ******.
Under funded, massive cuts, under resourced.

He even says the police don't conduct psychological tests - I know somebody whose son has recently joined - this was a large part of the recruitment process!

Yet another person blaming the police and not the government for their problems.

Sounds like a load of ******.
Err - did you notice who posted it?

But it comes as little surprise to find that Hawkeye is promoting the views of someone who thinks that we have a liberal progressive government and that transgender people are mentally ill.

Unfortunately, going off many of the videos on Youtube the police are often the aggressors, often wrong in their interpretation of the law and often break the law in what they do when going over the top for little reason.
Which is a shame, they were thought of someone to look up to, to turn to but now they seem to be the last people you want involved in your life.

Sponsored Links
I have found the police keen to talk to you to strike up a conversation so they can catch you out with something and find a reason to arrest you.
I have found the police lie. A lot.
And bark "laws" that don't exist.
And get really upset if you don't do as you are told.
Like the copper who stopped a guy who did not want to get out of his car when asked to (there is no obligation in law to do so). He was forced out, cuffed and arrested.
Like the innocent picture-takers who are approached by police and told to stop and ID demanded on threat of arrest.
Like the police who assist bailiffs and other officials. When they are only there to keep the peace. They are not there to assist in a civil matter.

A tiny percentage of coppers I have met are decent and knowledgeable.

I worked with a a fair amount when I was teaching advanced motorcycling, mostly to plod who'd failed first time around, but also as part of police/govt road safety schemes.

Like everything there are good and bad.
- generally they have a low opinion of the public, largely because they get exposed to the low life. They do stereotype a lot.
- A few (particularly those trying to get on the motorbike schemes) have judge dread syndrome and think they are on a mission, to fix everyone else's bad driving while ignoring their own inability to ride for toffee.
- They mostly don't have much legal knowledge as the training is very much focused on procedure.
- as with anyone, be polite and friendly and you will get treated better.

have found the police keen to talk to you to strike up a conversation so they can catch you out with something and find a reason to arrest you.
Lol..Its their job,what do you expect them to do?3am and you out,going equipped to burgle,and you lieing through your teeth?

I don't expect the police to approach me when I am in public, carrying out a lawful activity, to tell me it is unlawful then to persist in trying to engage me in conversation. When I refuse, to demand ID and threaten arrest when I refuse to give them any.
Arses.

Edited for clarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back