Ukraine counter offensive

Senior lieutenant Pavel Kuzin took his position at the machine gun - the only soldier still able to fight. Everyone else in his troop lay dead or injured.

Suffering from shell-shock and with one arm bandaged, the 37-year-old fired at the waves of Russian soldiers trying to storm his position. They didn't even try to take cover, but simply walked towards him across the open field.
It was clear Pavel wouldn't be able to hold the position for long, but he needed to buy time for a rescue team to arrive. His final action in life was to ensure his wounded comrades got to safety.
Pavel was in charge of a forward observation group that consisted of six Ukrainian soldiers. On 17 February, shortly after the start of their watch, they came under heavy fire. A tank began hammering their position.
@BBC.news.com
No guts, no glory.

_129411832_bakhmut_close_up_map_18_04_23_640-nc-2x-nc.png.webp

They hold the line.

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure if this is worrying, or not worth reading:
I know it's the Mirror/Express/Mail, but....

He's a blustering gobber-off, but this:
“For now, there is a clear disparity in the forces and conventional weapons in favour of the enemy.”
is a bit odd.

Lower in the article::LOL:
Head of Wagner private army Yevgeny Prigozin ruled out a nuclear response to the drone “attack” on the Kremlin.

“We look like clowns threatening to ‘nuke’ a child's drone,” he said.

I wonder if they'll try lobbing fireworks over their buildings again.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is worrying, or not worth reading:
I know it's the Mirror/Express/Mail, but....

He's a blustering gobber-off, but this:
“For now, there is a clear disparity in the forces and conventional weapons in favour of the enemy.”
is a bit odd.

Lower in the article::LOL:
Head of Wagner private army Yevgeny Prigozin ruled out a nuclear response to the drone “attack” on the Kremlin.

“We look like clowns threatening to ‘nuke’ a child's drone,” he said.

I wonder if they'll try lobbing fireworks over their buildings again.
Putin will lose all his 'friends' if he uses a nuclear weapon of any guise.....particularly China. He can't afford to, so will continue to bluff and bluster. ;)

Sponsored Links
The Wagner mob have threatened to pull there forces out of Bakmut

Due to a shortage of ammunition

Ukraine counter Offensive is about to start in earnest
military equipment and battalions are in place, far enough back from front line to avoid Russian artillery.

weather still needs to improve so ground hardens enough, them tanks be heavy

Ukraine counter Offensive is about to start in earnest
military equipment and battalions are in place, far enough back from front line to avoid Russian artillery.

SSSHHHH...........Don't tell....................Walls have ears!! ;)

They need to get a move on.
Its almost midsummer.
Hitler made the same mistake by invading too late in the season.

This
So called counter offensive
Is imo over stated / hyped up ???
By some yes.

Ukraine doesn't have enough kit to win the war but they might have enough to retake a chunk of territory and hammer Russia again.

It is to be expected that true military plans will not be divulged. Misinformation is deliberately rife.

It is to be expected that true military plans will not be divulged. Misinformation is deliberately rife.
Don't be telling Notch7.
He has been looking forward to this offensive since last year.

By some yes.

Ukraine doesn't have enough kit to win the war but they might have enough to retake a chunk of territory and hammer Russia again.
If you believe Ukraine can't win the war, would it not be better for all sides to call a ceasefire and negotiate a peaceful withdrawal of Russian troops back to Russia.

Sponsored Links
Back