Ukraine counter offensive

It shows how unprofessional their soldiers are. It will backfire. More condemnation of Russia and more determination of Ukraine to fight.
I'm not sure that is a good description.

The Russian army expects and is designed to use far more force and what we would describe as barbaric treatment. It has been a feature of the way they fight since at least WW2.

Sponsored Links
Video doing the rounds of RUssian forces beheading Ukranian POWs

I saw the one doing the rounds, I couldn’t bring myself to watch it all or with sound on.

I won’t link, but it’s on Twitter for those who are interested.

If it was leaked by Trump (an admirer of Putin, with an enmity for Ukraine)

Then "intelligence" may not be the right word.

Possibly ?

How ever there are apparently some thing like a million people employed by the intelligence services in the US with security clearance

Possibly ?

How ever there are apparently some thing like a million people employed by the intelligence services in the US with security clearance

Most of whom will not have access to the leaked documents.

Sponsored Links
The working assumption at the moment is that a gun loving far right gamer got access to the files and shared them with others to prove they were right on the internet.

Felicia Schwartz in Washington 19 MINUTES AGO

The FBI arrested a 21-year-old Air Guardsman as part of an investigation into the recent leak of highly classified US intelligence documents, the latest twist in an embarrassing saga that has raised fresh concerns over the security of government secrets.

Attorney-general Merrick Garland identified the suspect as Jack Teixeira, a member of the Massachusetts Air National Guard, in a brief statement to reporters on Thursday. “FBI agents took Teixeira into custody earlier this afternoon without incident,” Garland said.

Teixeria is expected to appear in federal court in Massachusetts.

The FBI said in a statement they had arrested Teixeira at a residence in North Dighton, Massachusetts, “for his alleged involvement in leaking classified US government and military documents”.

A person familiar with the matter said Teixeira was a traditional guardsman, meaning he was participating in duties on a part-time basis.

1681419329872.png

Footage from a video of FBI agents arresting Jack Teixeira in Massachusetts on Thursday © via Reuters

FT.com

I saw the one doing the rounds, I couldn’t bring myself to watch it all or with sound on.

I won’t link, but it’s on Twitter for those who are interested.

The worst most horrific videos of this type (?) that I have seen on line

Are the executions carried out by drug cartels in Mexico / Latin America

The worst most horrific videos of this type (?) that I have seen on line

Are the executions carried out by drug cartels in Mexico / Latin America
Should be mandatory watching for schoolkids in an appropriate lesson. This is what humanity can still do routinely. Happens a lot more, globally, than people tend to think.

I'm always shocked when I hear of these leaks. When I ever did business with the US Navy or US defence industries, their strict security would practically strip you of all personal belongings before allowing entry into a bland meeting room on their base. They were obviously risk averse when doing business with us Brits, shame they're not as strict with their own personnel.
In the UK, any business at GCHQ or down the 'hole' at Northwood would also be quite stringent with everything on a 'need to know' basis as mentioned above.

These leaks are clearly high level daily/weekly briefs. For them to be useful they have to be circulated to whoever needs them.

The US has had long standing issues with oversharing intel. It doesn't sound like anything has changed since Chelsea Manning in 2010, although there it was a different motivation.

There's also sensitivity fatigue. It's easy to take it seriously when you're working on something like blueprints for next gen naval stuff, but everything the military has written down has a sensitivity label and often a ridiculous one. You can become jaded.

everything the military has written down has a sensitivity label and often a ridiculous one.
Been there.
"what do you need to know"
"we can't tell you that".
----
Report on BBC by Frank Gardiner says it gives details of the poor state of the Ukranian army. Ooops.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back