Ukraine counter offensive

Sponsored Links
As a conservative I do not like and am suspicious of change. Change is nearly always for the worst. Changing a word might sound trivial but it can be a harmful political act, and in this case it actually is.
It is only harmful to Russians, not to Ukranians, or do you actually want to suck up to Putin's regime? That would be a bit like befriending the Nazis or the Italian fascists in the 1930s, something a lot of conservatives (with both a small c and a large one, actually did). Change, however, is inevitable. If it weren't we would still be sending criminals to Australia and children up chimneys. Life at times is nothing but change, so best at times to embrace it

The word Kiev is the English language version of the city's name; abolish the word and you are abolishing part of Britain - and that is the harmful political act.
Piffle! The word exists because the English were to ignorant, lazy or stupid to pronounce it properly in the first place and are now too arrogant to learn how to pronounce it properly. The English have the same ignorance towards Dutch, Flemish and German place names in particular. Or is it just laziness?

It has been imposed on us by Britain haters, most noticeably the BBC.
Utter tosh and humbug. It was in use before the BBC uttered a symbol. Considering how badly BBC presenters pronounce Scottish and Irish names (e.g Kirkudbright) I'm frankly amazed that they got Kyiv right

The name was Kiev until the people who live there and run the place changed it.
Are you sticking to Peking, Londinium, Monkchester, Southern and Northern Rhodesia?

Sponsored Links
anyway back on topic. where's France?
_126715666_-34npfus.png.webp

That is odd, they've donated quite a few active service Cesar SPGs and I thought they were supplying more kit and amunition. It might be that since they aren't publicising their donations they're getting little credit. Or Cesar's are cheaper than I thought

And just who do you think wants to invade Russia this time? Ukraine?
Didn't David Cameron say that he would to see the EU extend as far as the Urals.
Joe Biden wants to see regime change in Russia.
With attitudes like that, conflict seems inevitable.

Sponsored Links
Back