Ukraine counter offensive

Sponsored Links
It never happened or it was Ukraine? It can't be both?

Some reports suggesting it was a test by Russia to see what NATO would do.

It's the same missile being used in both offense and defense so at this stage there's no way we can know who it is yet. Likely a stray missile and it has to be treated as an isolated incident -- I'm surprised more haven't happened if I'm honest, given the proximity to several country borders

Accident or not ? Ukranian missile or not

It’s still Russias fault

They are responsible

Get Christmas over than imo nato should destroy every Russian base and troop concentration in the Ukraine

Wipe em out ?

Sponsored Links
What will happen if the Republicans win the House? They usually like wars, but with Biden's handling of this one being popular, will they refuse any more weapons for Ukraine, just to undermine him? Also, they are beholden to Trump, who refused weapons for Ukraine if Zelensky didn't make up lies about Biden.

Last edited:
No Body Left Behind
A moving article on the units who look for dead among the ruins of battlefields across Ukraine; Russian or Ukrainian are treated with equal dignity in death...

...a Ukrainian military engineer tells me that he thinks there are around 100,000 mines in the recently liberated areas of Eastern Ukraine. It'll take a long time to clear them. The engineer says that, as a rule of thumb, one year of fighting equates to five years of de-mining.

When they recover Russia's dead he says "there is a clear understanding that they will be exchanged for our deceased and our deceased will be buried with dignity in Ukraine". It's the Red Cross who facilitates the exchanges between countries.

Their role illustrates the war in Ukraine is not just a physical battle. There's a moral component too, reflected in the way an army treats both the living and the dead.

The general consensus even from Poland is that the missile was shot by Ukraine to take out a Russian missile. So still Russia's fault.

Seems there has been another salvo of Russian missiles. 50 of them. Usual targets. Some / all cruise ???. One apartment block hit was thought to be down to a missile being hit. A clip cropped up - I assume at from some other time where a missile was hit and something or the other just carried on. Pass.

Nghtime temp in Kyiv mentioned, -4C and snow seems to be around. Sounds like more substations have been hit.

Not much the Ukranians can do to stop the Russians from continually firing missiles from Russia ??

The countries infrastructure will be decimated by Putin ??

The countries infrastructure will be decimated by Putin ??
It looks that way but missile availability might prove a problem for them.

The missile that hit Poland is a surface to air type. The kit that usually fires it has a range of up to ~250 miles but there are a wide range of missiles. The long range one hits mach 7.5

Russia has also adapted some of these for surface to surface use but no useful details available. The rocket motor might even be different. Some have radar homing. That could be fitted to all sorts ? ideal for substations?

Me feeling outraged? I have more of it's happening attitude. Wars are nasty. Mines, hitting infrastructure etc is not unusual. I am concerned about how things will end as far as Ukraine is concerned. I also wonder about the Germany WW aspect - WWI left a festering sore on the planet. Russia going the same way?

Vlad the invader says it is a special military operation, not a war.
Pointless post - it is what it is irrespective of what sides call it. Putin was probably just pointing out he has no interest in capturing all of Ukraine.

Actually they seem to have captured some more of the Donetsk oblast while our attention has been diverted to the south.

Ukranian deputy defence minister ?

Think that is who she is (?)

On the radio couple days ago calling for the ability ( missiles) to hit
Russia ??

I wondered when this would finally happen

It seems to be the answer to the EU and maybe us not using any Russian oil at all. If that supply is shut off the market will cause prices to rise yet again. It seems diesel has gone up recently because the USA is having problems getting as much as it wants. Something must have caused the increase and USA usage is the only shortage I have seen mentioned.

The oil cap - some feel it's too easy to get round maybe via undisclosed payments. The link says what Russia reckons it will do and prices that are suggested may upset the Arab producers. Russia might even sell more at the capped prices.

Putin's digging in, 60km back, in what will be well defended positions. Russia doesn't seem to be running out of missiles. Their oil incomes are up.
Who would predict what % of Ukraine's infrastructure will be out of action by spring.

Sponsored Links
Back