Ukraine counter offensive

They were already preparing

‘I want to protect my family’: Polish civilians flock to army training​

One-day programme for civilians reflects Warsaw’s renewed focus on defence following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine"

https://www.ft.com/content/bbce0959-f65e-44a4-87c1-438bddcfbd10

"The one-day programme was launched last month and is run by 17 military units across Poland. Pakieła, who has two children, heard about it on social media and applied because “I’m scared of the times that we’re living in and I want to be able to protect my family.” She is not alone. Some 1,500 people tried to book a spot for her session, which was limited to 100 participants aged between 18 and 65. As the fighting in Ukraine continues and Poles worry about it spilling over into their homeland, army officers said the programme, which was due to end later this month, is likely to be extended to meet demand. Poland has increased its spending on defence and has been in the vanguard of western support for Ukraine. Eight months ago it was among the first nations to send weapons to Kyiv, while also welcoming millions of Ukrainian refugees. Since then, it has served as a transport and logistics hub for Nato and EU shipments and has agreed to host for the first time a permanent US army base.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Almost certainly not deliberate, does that matter though?

We shall
See

although I am of the op that nato would like to view as an unfortunate accident and not look to escalate ???

Poland have called for a UN Security Council meeting ??

Be interesting to see if there is repercussions for those square inches of Poland, or we let them off with a 1st warning.
Then probably a second warning if it happens again.
If there was a reason to escilate then this is the time.
The lines were drawn and now crossed

It is possible that an anti aircraft missile from Ukraine went rogue. Some of the pictures do look like they could be from a S300 air defence missile.

If they were aiming at a target closer to the Polish border than the launch site then a miss could have landed in Poland. Or the missile might just have wandered off.

Best to give it 24 hours before mobilising the Polish armoured divisions.

Apparently, France has already surrendered just in case Poland instigate NATO Article 4 or 5

The French will be having an emergency distribution of there white flags to all there front line units

Macron has probably already been on the phone to Putin attempting to arrange a brown noser diplomatic meeting ???

Even if it's confirmed that it was a Ruskie missile, it must've been accidental cos the Ruskies are scared of NATO

Sponsored Links
Back