Ukraine counter offensive

It looks like Germany feared Russian hostility if they authorised tanks without the US also sending some. It makes sense for the allies to collaborate, but there has to be some care to not look like NATO collaboration.

Their and There - its not about remembering the rule, its being blind to what you wrote. There is a reason you get someone else to proof read something important. You wont see your own mistakes.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
1861976771.jpg

Would just like to congratulate you for a post without a
"there" instead of "their".
Before I read your posts, those jump off the screen. There must be a "clever" way to remember which to use, but I don't know one.

The one which refers to people has "i" in it, maybe?
"Over there" has no "i"s
Transam does it deliberately

Putins cash helped the Premier league and created jobs and wealth for lot of ordinary people in Britain.
Don't be so sanctimonious.

No it didnt

Oligarch money created almost no wealth for ordinary fold in Britain

I dont call Conservative MPs, hedge fund managers, professional money launderers "ordinary people"

"
One of the officials said it was possible the Biden administration could use the USAI process to buy the Abrams from allies who have them, refurbish them, then send them to Ukraine.

The process can take months and even years."

Some of those long range Himars might be more use and less of a high-profile target. Picking off Russky convoys as soon as they crossed over into Ukraine would seriously píss them off.
It would be very useful. If they only used them to hit railway lines (ideally by hitting trains themselves) they'd ruin Russia's logistics system.

According to AlJ they will be getting ~100 western tanks, maybe a low number more. They want 300. It will be interesting to see what they achieve. I have seen no mention of Ukraine tank losses but worn out barrels probably figure in these as well plus other bits such as tracks. Will Poland be servicing these too or will Ukraine get spares as well.
Next request is F16's etc. Requests currently being made??? I sold a small lathe to a US forces bloke who does the electronic servicing of their aircraft. Box swapping - he was a bit disappointed by that but forces jobs often have nice titles.

Germany by the way is 2nd to the USA in terms of the cost of what they have sent to Ukraine.

I have seen no mention of Ukraine tank losses but worn out barrels probably figure in these as well plus other bits such as tracks.

I wonder what difference the worn barrels make, I would expect reduced accuracy and probably range?

And then they explode. Which is bad
I have seen a comment from an Ex USA tank person that the main effect is loss of accuracy also they have to keep a careful count of what they fire - type and number. Other sources mention worn size being measured. However if a projectile jams the barrel will split. If it's HE ?? The breaches usually seem to be reinforced to take the higher initial loads. Not really looked to see if that applies to all tanks The tanks can fire missiles as well -Russia's can so assume others can too.

Sponsored Links
Back