Unable To Find Any Kind Of Instructions

Sponsored Links
If those Duracells are brand new then I suggest you either have had them for a long time or the shop you bought them from doesn't sell many. They are of vey short shelf duration - 2019 in the oldest one

Bought them from Asda a few weeks ago. Never thought to check the date on them.

That is the new design British Gas wireless thermostat.
To reset it take the batteries out.
Turn the power off to the receiver.
Turn the power back on and press the button on the receiver for about 10 seconds until the top light starts flashing.
Put the batteries back in the thermostat.
After a short while the top light on the receiver should turn green and the thermostat's display should show the current temperature and set temperature.
+1
No idea what the reset achieves on the stat. You need to re bind them.

I saw one of these once. I thought it may be a early, or simplified version of the Hive, which is a British Gas product and the receiver looks pretty much the same as yours.

Hive.jpg

If it helps, you can download the instructions for the Hive Receiver by clicking here.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I saw one of these once. I thought it may be a early, or simplified version of the Hive, which is a British Gas product and the receiver looks pretty much the same as yours.

View attachment 115447

If it helps, you can download the instructions for the Hive Receiver by clicking here.

Thank you so much. Followed the guide for the hive switching the power off and then on, waiting 5 seconds and then holding the button on the receiver until it turned white. Put batteries back into thermostat and it paired instantly.

Thanks to everyone for their most valuable input which has been most appreciated. I hope i can be a part of the community now helping in the computer area as networking etc is my forte.

Hi all.

Sorry to bump this thread after a few years, but this is the closest I have got to resolving my issue.

I have the same WL2 thermostat, batteries died and have been replaced, but I can't get it to pair with the receiver. The boiler is fired up and working for hot water, but the receiver will not display any status light.

I have tried switching it off at the fuse board, switched it on and held the reset button.

I have also tried to hold the heating button down to reset the receiver.

Nothing.

Does anyone else have any pearls of wisdom? @petit_pablo

Thanks again,
Chris

If the "pearls of wisdom" are anything like some of the replies from a few clowns in the first part of this very old thread I would go to British Gas and ask them.

If the "pearls of wisdom" are anything like some of the replies from a few clowns in the first part of this very old thread I would go to British Gas and ask them.

Not a british gas customer unfortunately, I've just inherited the install from the previous owner.

Me and the missus are having problems with our 16yo son at the moment and we are "unable to find any kind of instructions"!

Sorry :unsure: - couldn't resist.
Have you tried turning off and switching on again :whistle:

Hi all.

Sorry to bump this thread after a few years, but this is the closest I have got to resolving my issue.

I have the same WL2 thermostat, batteries died and have been replaced, but I can't get it to pair with the receiver. The boiler is fired up and working for hot water, but the receiver will not display any status light.

I have tried switching it off at the fuse board, switched it on and held the reset button.

I have also tried to hold the heating button down to reset the receiver.

Nothing.

Does anyone else have any pearls of wisdom? @petit_pablo

Thanks again,
Chris
If theres no lights at all on the receiver, even on first power up, the receivers dead and will need replacing. These are only available from BG so youre probably looking at a new stat and receiver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back