Unbelievable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a contact form on my website for customers to contact me.
This came through this morning....

Hello, I have carried out a EICR and only on one ring circuit the neutral conductor was lose (6.8 ohm) and recorded as code C2. I have carried out today the remedial and found neutral conductor being lose on the terminal. I normally should issue minor work certificate but does not have place to record the value. Do I have to issue installation certificate instead? thank you

I would like the electrician to contact me..: Just some advice on something

Please tell us where did you find us: Google

Do you think it's her first PIR or what? I know the answer to the above but I find it amazing that someone plying him/herself in the trade has to ask the question.

Sponsored Links
I attended a lecture yesterday on amendment 3 and through out the lecture we were being told.

We don't know what you should do with that on an EICR if it needs entering at all may be code 3 but waiting for clarification. It was the IET not knowing what to record and it's their regulations so how would anyone else work it out?

I attended a lecture yesterday on amendment 3 and through out the lecture we were being told.

We don't know what you should do with that on an EICR if it needs entering at all may be code 3 but waiting for clarification. It was the IET not knowing what to record and it's their regulations so how would anyone else work it out?
But they aren't the IET's regulations Eric. BS7671 is written by a joint BSI/IET technical committee.

Sponsored Links
In the June 2011 list of members in the BGB, only one person (out of 49) has BSI in his title.

Mind you, whilst an awful lot of the others are MIEE/MIET/FIEE/FIET, their affiliation is other organisations - only 8 of them are there on behalf of the IET.

In the June 2011 list of members in the BGB, only one person (out of 49) has BSI in his title.

Mind you, whilst an awful lot of the others are MIEE/MIET/FIEE/FIET, their affiliation is other organisations - only 8 of them are there on behalf of the IET.
That's because only one on that list is an employee of BSI. It's her title BTW.

Mmm how to respond ??? Shall I just tell him what I think, ignore him, lecture him, question him or tell him to find out for himself?

Mmm how to respond ?
Just tell them to contact the technical helpline for whichever scheme they belong to.

Yes this is up there as a suggestion, but I am sure demonstrating lack of knowledge in what certification/documentation is required is what they are trying to avoid. So this would be the same as telling them to find out for themselves. I want to be helpful, but not prop up incompetence. That's why i am thinking of asking for more information, just to find out the circumstances of the person asking the question.

What is the question?

Is it - Do I issue a MEIWC or EIC for finding loose and tightening a neutral.

If so -

Make a note on MEIWC or

MEIWC and add a schedule of test results for the single circuit.

Yeah. I would make a note on the Minor Works of the work carried out and the new test results.

I would make sure the MWC is cross-referenced to the EICR so it is obvious what has been done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back