unconscious bias

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
training has been dropped by the civil service :) a report has shown that its a waste of time

some of those involved in this training baloney are whingeing ( tough)

Transam of course has no bias

unconscious or conscious :cool:

Sponsored Links
I've taken test and can say I'm not biased.

But let's be honest it's all a load of botox these days.

The modern generation needs to grow a pair of balls. And just get on with their lives. Stop playing the victim card, it's much better than it was 30 years ago. Of course it can be better, but bleating about it 24/7 and demonising white folk has the opposite effect to what they want.

Once upon a time all everyone wanted was equality, now it's reparations and Change of history, and kill the white guy..

2020 really is a year to forget

Sponsored Links
I do remember my dreams and I think they are dominated by white people.

You may have a point

It was once claimed that I promoted this particular woman 'cos I wanted to eat her panties. There was found to be no basis in truth to this accusation when she finally proclaimed that she didn't actually wear panties.

I don't know if she was freak of nature, but she possessed more of the qualities that drive success than most of the bitter & twisted halfwit failures that could do no more than 'gossip' behind her back.

Jack spent 3days locked up once 'cos a client racially abused 'Eddie' & although 'Eddie' turned the other cheek Jack couldn't. I remember discussing this injustice with the desk sargeant, who agreed with me & left the cell door pretty much open.

I did the training module recently and whereas I always treat everyone the same, the unconscious bias training actually forces you to look at everyone as different. ie if a person of different colour, creed, disability et al walks into the office, you should think before you speak just in case you may offend them or disadvantage them in some way.
Total botox.

Some remoaners on here need to go on a conscious bias course - 4 day plus remedial module

I was talking to 2 of my lads on site through the Heras fencing & to inject some humour into the converstaion I stepped back & said "Hey, it's just like being at the zoo this is".

I could instantly detect the hurt in Eddies face. After all this time did he really think I judge him by his skin colour?

Unconscious bias in favour of whites is everywhere. I was in B&Q last night looking for some paint. Almost every tin they had was white. I had to go to a safe space.

There is unconscious bias.

We all tend to gravitate towards the most familiar.

I'm not sure if that has anything to do with racism though

I don't think this is an unconscious bias just a bad choice of words; I was working in a house, (Combi breakdown I think)
Im sitting down talking to the tenant, she was Black.

Talking about the state of the Combination boiler I said "The problem is a monkey could fit one" Now I realised what I had said under her roof. I just kept my focus looking at her and carried the conversation.

I could see the confusion in her head/mind "'Did he just say Monkey?"'
"' is he taking the p!ss'"
"'No he's just used a term that is another word for a cowboy)​
I just had to go with it as for me to try to explain my unfortunate choice of words would have got me into complete ****.

I left her home in tact and with goodbyes and a smile.

I was talking to 2 of my lads on site through the Heras fencing & to inject some humour into the converstaion I stepped back & said "Hey, it's just like being at the zoo this is".

I could instantly detect the hurt in Eddies face. After all this time did he really think I judge him by his skin colour?

Did you have a chat with Eddie or just leave as not to make it worse/

Sponsored Links
Back