Underfloor heating catastrophe

Sponsored Links
The last system I installed it was a requirement of the 10 year guarantee to take a photo of the element and sensor fitted before tiles were fitted!

Yup. I just looked at the website and it seems that it did come with a conduit!
And presumably the instructions say to use it. If that is the case, then you tell the installer to fix it - at their expense - because they didn't do the job properly. That is basic consumer protection law - all services must be provided with "reasonable care" and no amount of small print can remove that.
If they cause further damage in repairing it - then they are liable for fixing that. In extreme, yes that could mean ripping up all the tiles and replacing the lot - if you haven't got/can't get a matching spare.
And make a point of telling them to use the frickin conduit this time :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Further to this situation, I had a fantastic firm called UFH Services Ltd., in who chipped-up a tiny bit of tile and wall and put in two new sensors - magic!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back