United Lights Plafon Mirror Flush Light - bulb changing!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
plafon-mirror-flush-light-1001-p.jpg
I have this light in two rooms. The electrician needed two men to change bulb in one room. Now other bulb needs changing. I can't even begin to see how it comes apart, but I want to change it myself rather than calling someone in to do it!
Does anyone have any experience of how this comes to pieces? Nothing seems to want to move, just feels as if I'm pulling it all from ceiling

Sponsored Links
Usually you just unscrew each of the 3 chrome knobs and the glass ring which also supports the frosted dome should come away, it can be difficult to hold both glass parts at the same time without dropping one, but should be possible for one person, unless the light is much bigger than it looks in the photo!

The inner bit looks similar to there other lights, proberly need to get the outer ring off first, the inner bit may drop so be carefull, or you may need to twist off the inner bit

plafon-40-bathroom-light-1747-p.jpg

Sponsored Links
Friend stayed, so we managed to get shade off. Wouldn't fancy doing it alone. I used that woven rubber stuff so the screws could finally move. Then it all collapses unless someone else is helping you.
Originally, first electrician "fitted" the light, and by evening it had crashed to the floor. Other lot came in, and fitted wrong bulbs which burned the wiring, as I saw when I took shade off.

So I can at last get new bulbs. At some point I'm sure I'll get a helper to reassemble, but I'm not in a tearing hurry! (The manufacturers haven't replied re disassembling techniques, but I have found plenty websites where people are tearing their hair out over bad lamp design)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back