Unsealed oak parquet flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is probably on the edges of DIY, but I'm having trouble finding info elsewhere.

I've recently had a new oak parquet floor laid. It had a couple of coats of hardwood oil applied, but since then builders have traipsed some dust into the floor, rendering it grubby and matt. The seal provided by the oil is no longer effective.

I would like to apply more oil, but would like to get the dirt up first. Most cleaners don't appear suitable for unsealed floors, presumably because of their porous nature. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions of how I can clean the floor effectively, before applying more oil.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
i use a product called clean and strip. I dont know where you would buy it from tho. Woody will be able to tell you of a product you can get your hands on. maybe have a look at there site while your waiting for them to answer your question? http://www.woodyoulike.co.uk/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back