Updates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just how critical are the microsoft updates,as I've said elsewhere I've turned mine off for Vista because of problems after installing some and had to do a restore,the computer runs along fine as it is,I do regular scans with Malawarebytes/anti malware programme,so just how important are they?

Sponsored Links
Very important! Often criminals find ways to exploit weaknesses in Vista XP etc updates plug these gaps in particular if you use Internet explorer which has fixes as part of windows updates.

The main reason people have had to move away from XP is this fact because windows have stopped updates for it and it is vunerable as a result.

Very important! Often criminals find ways to exploit weaknesses in Vista XP etc updates plug these gaps in particular if you use Internet explorer which has fixes as part of windows updates.

In what way then,I use MSE as well as the aforementioned malware programme.

Sponsored Links
Now that's a good question, I aint a good enough geek to explain it!

There are lots of ways for those in the know to steal my personal details or break into my car or house I don't always understand how they do it but I know they can!

Like Euro locks a piece of p**s to break into once you know how, but now there are anti snap or anti bump versions you can update to.

As I understand a security program may not spot a genuine microsoft program that has been exploited because it assumes it is ok, after all its been using it for ages :D

Where as a new virus or malware program will be spotted.

Back