Oh. I think we have all been looking at the wrong Nest diagram. Sorry.

In that case L Brown to C and SL Green/Yellow to NO.

N Blue in separate connector to make sure it doesn't touch anything else.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
As an electrician, now you don't need the Neutral any more, it would be better if, at the other end of the cable, you moved the Blue to where the Green/Yellow is and connected the G/Y to earth - then at the thermostat, swap the Blue with the G/Y...

... but maybe for another day.

You appear to be living in the UK but the picture shows a USA version of the heatlink, which is completely different from the UK version.

image-jpg.181526

I followed the diagram tips from
EFLImpudence and everything is working a charm.

I am not sure wether my device is a US version - this is my first device and I claimed from the Shell deal when I switched to their energy services as my provider so that’s what they sent me.

thank you all for the help. Without you I couldn’t have done it. Have a good one.

Sponsored Links
I followed the diagram tips from
EFLImpudence and everything is working a charm.

I am not sure wether my device is a US version - this is my first device and I claimed from the Shell deal when I switched to their energy services as my provider so that’s what they sent me.

thank you all for the help. Without you I couldn’t have done it. Have a good one.
You have a nest E not a Nest they are completely different but is a UK version

Hi, sorry to dig up an old thread but I have the same setup as OP. I've wired in the nest e hub as instructed, when calling for heat boiler fires up as expected.. but when switching off the whole boiler turns off.
Not sure if this is because of the way the boiler is wired up at the mains or something else. Any ideas?

Hi, sorry to dig up an old thread but I have the same setup as OP. I've wired in the nest e hub as instructed, when calling for heat boiler fires up as expected.. but when switching off the whole boiler turns off.
Not sure if this is because of the way the boiler is wired up at the mains or something else. Any ideas?

Make sure you have the correct manuals and drgs for your boiker, hub, stats, etc.

Draw out what you should have, then open up the wiring and see what you actually have.

You might find a difference between the two.

Well I had a look at the boiler wiring tonight and it looks about right, not sure on the diagram about removing the link between terminals 1-2 to connect an external controller. There was already a controller connected with the bridge intact.
Neurtral and live are correct and as expected. This all links into a fused spur which wires into a double socket. The fused spur cables are a bit of a mess but looked about right. I'll take a closer look tomorrow.
20211212_214416.jpg

Terminals 1 & 2 are there for connecting external controls. Normally the blue link between terminals 1 & 2 would be removed. Then terminal 2 connects to Nest-e 'C' [Common] and terminal 1 to Nest-e 'NO' [Normally Open]

The supply to L N & E terminals on the left should be from a permanent mains supply straight from a 3A fused connection and not via any external controls. It's difficult to see the photo properly, but is the brown wire securely fixed in the far left terminal?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back