Upgrading oil boiler Firebird Super Q 50/90

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi,

I currently have an old Firebird 50/90 oil boiler..does the job heats the house well.
However it is located inside the utility room,pump to the right and flue straight out through the back wall....I would like to upgrade to a more efficient boiler and position it outside to save some space and remove the oil burner smell.
I know there are grants available for boiler replacement...but I have found sourcing materials etc yourself actually works out cheaper than availing of grants.
Can anyone recommend a boiler for 11 rad house,2 x story 190 sq meter ground floor for outside installation?
I am wrong about value of the grant scheme?
Is there much saving to be had with upgrading,like I say the one I have does the job,should I run it until it breaks?
And is the boiler replacement going to be a major installation,snags with pipework etc?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Grant 26 kw external and if you want to be really modern put in an unvented cylinder as well. But if you want run the old boiler till it busts then replace. Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back