UPSTAIRS RING REWIRE FROM ATTIC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELLO EVERY ONE

I wondered if any one could help me with advise. I am installing an upstairs ring main i live in a 2 up 2 down semi ,is it ok for me to to run the feed up to the attic and then down the walls in the bedrooms in plaster then horizontal from socket to socket in plaster as i dont want to start lifting floor boards if possible. [/i]

Sponsored Links
why would you want to? surely lifting a few boards is a damnsite easier than chasing 5 ft of wall for every socket?

As above, but assuming you're aware of the safe zones, then the answer is likely to be yes. You can work horizontally or vertically from an accessory mounted on the wall.

Sponsored Links
CHEERS FELLAS.
I was aware of safe zones but thanks anyway.the reason i was asking was the fact im fitting a new kitchen and all the plaster is off the wall down to brick and top of the stairs .i wanted to run the feed straight up into the attic and down into the bedroom, then run horizontal from socket to socket in the wall chased in plaster an correct depth within the safe zones .i just wasnt 100% sure and thought its better to be safe and check if this was still allowed as the regs ave changed quite often. thanks again lads for the info

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back