Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just installed new UPVC and having a few troubles getting the alignment setup right. The flag hinges on the door looks as below.

avo_mini_flag_adjust__66917_zoom.jpg

From the brief instruction sheet I have it seems the bottom adjuster moves the door up / down. The right adjuster moves the door right / left and the top adjuster will move the door toward / away from the frame.

First issue is the door will latch quite easily, but i then need to push the door into the frame quite hard in order to lift the handle fully and engage the mushroom locking points.

I've played about with the bottom and right adjusters to no great success. The top adjuster is just plastic and while the information sheet shows to use an allan key, the plastic seems to be rounding off pretty quick. Is there any great trick to adjusting this part?

Any pointers of where I'm going wrong?

I'd appreciate any advice. thanks.

Sponsored Links
Try taking the locking keeps off the door frame one by one to narrow down which is causing the problems. once you know that you can go from there

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick responses.
With all the locking keeps off, the situation hasn't improved.

It seems that the main lock is hitting the strike plate. The door latch has a small adjustment.
Moving the door latch into the frame the handle is easier to lift and lock the door, but the door needs a good push to get into the latch in the first place.
With the door latch all the way out, the door latches nicely, but the door needs a good push in order to be able to lift a handle.

upload_2016-7-7_11-8-22.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back