uPVC Fascias and Soffits replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A month ago we have been scammed by a bogus tradesman and then we have to find someone who can do the job as quickly as possible.
We went ahead with a firm that was recommended by a colleague and neighbour.

Now that we have been scammed I'm not sure I can trust anyone yet. At the moment work is going on but having few concerns and would like to know if the job is done properly.

- We have one bathroom windows that doesn't open completely because Fascia was in the way, before they started work I told them about it and they said it could be sorted (although it was not in the quote). I think they have forgotten and they have put the Fascia already and window doesn't open. They are saying it would not open fully because there is no brick on top of the window and not enough space. I will add a picture from inside, the Soffit doesn't sit in the groove.

p1e.jpeg p2e.jpeg
As you can see there is like Soffit is around 5cm above the groove.

- Does the joining between Soffit and masonry need any sealing? I have a seen one YouTube video where they do it.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Asked installer about that, initially they said it was OK, but upon insisting multiple times they have fixed it in a day.
It was stressful, I wonder why they wouldn't do a proper job in the first place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back