*URGENT* Leak from Rad Elbow

Sponsored Links
If you have a large pair of mole grips and the strength of a bear then the tail should unscrew.....but if you nack it, it will be a pain in the ass.
I'd go for the Screwfix key that newboy recommends.....it could also be used for fixing the new tail.
Keep us informed!
John :)

• Thanks
Reactions: rvp
If you have a large pair of mole grips and the strength of a bear then the tail should unscrew.....but if you nack it, it will be a pain in the ass.
I'd go for the Screwfix key that newboy recommends.....it could also be used for fixing the new tail.
Keep us informed!
John :)

Success! I had to abandon the free method as I was getting no where fast.

I nipped out to Screwfix and bought the Hex key in newboys post and it came off in seconds with a bit of brute force :) just shows you, you have to have the right tools for the job.

I just need to make sure everything is water tight now! am sure I'll run in to problems and be back on here :LOL:

I bought some Fernox LS-X whilst I was in Screwfix alonf with the pfte tape I already have.

Fingers crossed.

Sponsored Links
Thought I'd update this.

Good news is the joints seem to be ok! BUT...

Radiator has had it unfortunately :( I am getting a pinprick leak at the corner of the Rad - corrosion I think so new Radiator it is tomorrow!

I did try sealing it with Fernox LS-X but it still drips, so I'll buy a new 'un - any recommendations appreciated, has to be 111mm x 736mm.

I am guessing it is a straight swap over or is there anything I should be aware of?

I'll be glad when I put this to bed!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back