Urgent - Need 70 MM. brown cable today HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I urgently need 4m of brown single 70mm today (Boxing Day). Does anyone know anywhere open in around London or have any we can buy?
I have half a block of flats off supply.
If anyone has any please let me know - happy to pay.. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Can't help, but can you parallel some smaller conductors as a temporary measure, or isn't there enough space to do that?

Was it a fire or something cool like that? Any chance of some photos?!

Can't help, but can you parallel some smaller conductors as a temporary measure, or isn't there enough space to do that?

Was it a fire or something cool like that? Any chance of some photos?!

It's from the service head to the Ryefield and UKPN are involved for obvious reasons and therefore we can't really do a temporary job ☹️
I don't have pictures at the moment as its not me on site.

Put your request on several DIY or professional forums to cast your net as wide as possible, someone is bound to be able to help you out.

Mike

Sponsored Links
If you can get in contact with them the local council's "on call" electricians may be willing to provide the cable.

Short of that 22 mm copper pipe has a CSA of about 65 mm² which if flattened and with folds at the ends to fit into terminals and wrapped in tape would provide a temporary restoration

If you are a reasonable sized firm (therefore spending quite a bit per month on materials) and do quite a quite bit of business with a wholesaler who themselves are of a reasonable size (and therefore likely to have 70mm tails or even a bit of 70mm swa in stock). Then you could try and get your account manager on his home/personal number You might be able to get someone out to open up for you.

A lot of wholesalers will try and look after their bigger customers in the way you look after yours over the break

I've got some .1 copper in my van but I'm in Sussex.
The ukpn guys would have some back at the yard!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back