Urgent! Please advise. H+S alerted of 'timebomb Baxi 80E'

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately drunken bamber has clouded and hidden the real facts!

Since April 2005 all boilers should have been condensing. Your boiler probably should have been unless it was SO difficult it qualified for a dispensation ( very difficult in the real world but many pretend! ).

So you are paying 12% more for your gas than you would if the correct boiler was fitted! You need to take that up with Warmfront ! If only you lived in a sensible area I would represent you free at a Court hearing !

Next the contractors ( Iguana ? ) did a bum job and should be reported to CORGI as its dangerous!

Lastly you need to get it sorted out at no cost to yoursef as none of this is your fault and you are not a heating expert so were not expected to know! I even think that you are entitled to a little compensation for inconvenience as its been dealt with so badly.

Oilman says the flue is incorrectly spaced from the stacks. It should be 600 mm and may well be but I am unable to reach any decision from the pictures. It is possible to make an approximate assessment by scaling from the photos but my guess is that it is adequate but nevertheless it should be checked!

Although its shoddy workmanshipship, being a little out of vertical, does not necessarily make it dangerous.

Some people even criticise me because they say that I am not sympathetic !

Tony Glazier

Well I could be wrong but that looks like a condensing flue and if it is indeed an 80e its fitted to a non condensing boiler!

A bit late in the day Slug, but thats one of his problems but he and the rest of us are in the picture in that respect!

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately drunken bamber has clouded and hidden the real facts!

Nope, I never said it was a condensing boiler, I left you lot to jump to the wrong conclusions., including Slugbaby . ;)

You do know that it`s a combi don`t you.. ;)

Why was an 80E fitted 2 years ago , why did they not fit a condensing boiler ie the 80he.
As for the terminal having to be 2 foot above ridge that is wrong its ok where it is as per manufacturers instructions,
But that roof terminal kit is off a HE boiler and will also need changing, Parts along for the flue will be £26 for each 1 metre extension (max4) £56 for teminal kit and £18 for the flue adaptor.

Why was an 80E fitted 2 years ago , why did they not fit a condensing boiler ie the 80he.....Blah... blah....

Think it`s all been covered to be honest. :rolleyes:

Why was an 80E fitted 2 years ago , why did they not fit a condensing boiler ie the 80he.....Blah... blah....

Think it`s all been covered to be honest. :rolleyes:

Seems to be gathering momentum. Now I have the wrong boiler? I think they said (Warmfront) that there was no option to fit a condenser, size/positioning limitations, etc.

Many thanks for the helpful comments.

Seems to be gathering momentum. Now I have the wrong boiler? I think they said (Warmfront) that there was no option to fit a condenser, size/positioning limitations, etc.

Nope, everyone giving advice now believes that you have a combi installed, not a condensing combi which you indeed have installed, ;)

Don`t expect any further input from AGILE.... : or the other bloke., ;) ;)

Did I mention that there is nothing wrong
with your installation.:cool:

The terminal may or may not be correctly positioned.

Normally they need 600 mm in all directions from the "top end".

Its difficult from those photos to make that judgement.

it is good practice to make it vertical but not necessarily a gas safety issue if its not exactly vertical as long as its firmly fixed and has the necessary clearances.

Of course in your case its the wrong type of flue. Thats a safety issue both for you and a disclipinary issue for the person who fitted it ! You can/should complain to CORGI.

I cannot comment on the non-condensing issue. Virtually ALL locations can accept a condensing boiler by using a condensate pump. They cost a little more but give about 12% saving on gas over the full lifetime of the boiler of perhaps 10 years.

Tony

To stop all the arguing between people who think they know the answer, would the OP please give us the GC number of the boiler. It will be on the boiler's data plate and in the Manual.

To stop all the arguing between people who think they know the answer, would the OP please give us the GC number of the boiler. It will be on the boiler's data plate and in the Manual.

That would ruin the fun,80E OR 80HE , it`s a condensing boiler ffs. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back