Urgent! Please advise. H+S alerted of 'timebomb Baxi 80E'

Or to increase the fun, how about a photo or two of the boiler installation itself :D

Sponsored Links
Or to increase the fun, how about a photo or two of the boiler installation itself :D

I will submit a centre-fold shot in a range of lighting conditions, and a range of manly scenarios. That is, Baxi 80E bent over the bonnet of a car, Baxi 80E holding a big gun, and Baxi 80E holding a pneumatic drill, all with it's front panel down to expose the components.

And a shot of the serial and model no.

Bamber- you make me laugh, keep it up. Without your nonsense this could all become rather boring.

That would ruin the fun,80E OR 80HE , it`s a condensing boiler
The are both combi boilers, but they are not both condensing boilers!

The 80 e, 80 Eco, Instant 80 e and 80 Maxflue are not condensing.

The Instant 80 HE and 80 HE Plus are condensing.

As one of the OPs queries relates to the suitability of the flue, I would have thought it essential for him to confirm exactly which model he has.

That would ruin the fun,80E OR 80HE , it`s a condensing boiler
The are both combi boilers, but they are not both condensing boilers!

The 80 e, 80 Eco, Instant 80 e and 80 Maxflue are not condensing.

The Instant 80 HE and 80 HE Plus are condensing.

As one of the OPs queries relates to the suitability of the flue, I would have thought it essential for him to confirm exactly which model he has.

In my OP TITLE, I detailed the make and model. Pics attached. The stuff on top of the boiler is there to stop the cold air from the loft blowing into the room- it does not normally sit there!

;)

Sponsored Links
You just know the apprentice will get the blame for that :confused:

Yawn...

Does anyone remember what the original problem was?

Yawn...

Does anyone remember what the original problem was?

Pretty much sorted now- that is I haven't had one person suggest that the plastic pipe was correctly installed.

All done and dusted as far as I am concerned.

Many thanks

So what happened to the leaning condensing flue terminal which was unsafe, damaged and totally unsuitable?

Possibly also too close to the stack?

Tony

So what happened to the leaning condensing flue terminal which was unsafe, damaged and totally unsuitable?

Possibly also too close to the stack?

Tony

It will all be fitted back in place by the heating engineers who's invoice I will try to pass on to the people who buggered it all up in the first place. What was critical* to my posting- and the comments-was confirmation (or no argument at least) that the plastic flue duct should not have been there and was the cause of the problem.

Possibly too close to the stack..... I haven't seen much by way of consensus on the forum, and the engineers that have seen the plastic pipe 1st hand, have not been critical of the position. We have bigger fish to fry- getting heating back after 3 weeks and counting, and forwarding the costs to people who we are sure*, are liable. .....something which I still expect to be difficult.

Agile why don`t you actually check up distances instead of some of the guesses you have been giving on this thread ,

Because its easier for the OP to just open his installation manual and see what clearances are required. I expect its 600 mm because most are but I cannot say that without being sure.

He is also in a better position to judge/measure the actual distance of the flue on site.

I am not retained as a ( paid ) consultant you know.

Tony

Corgi have had my account of the situation, including pics of the flue duct.

I am suprised, to say the least, to hear back from them that they are not interested as the fault is not in-situ they they can assess as they take it apart themselves. This would have -apparantly meant that they could pursue to the people offically on record to have had 'last-touch'.
Once the flue duct was in my hand it was too late for Corgi to be interested.
It does seem to be a bizarre policy. I suppose it is one to put down to experience.

I thought they'd be in like a shot....

The reast of the flue is still there and they can look at that and see it is the wrong flue for that appliance, Corgi love to say they have safety and public interest at the fore what a load of sh#te .
Had them say to me once that the would not take action against someone as it was an existing installation , it had been in a week

Corgi have had my account of the situation, including pics of the flue duct.

I am suprised, to say the least, to hear back from them that they are not interested as the fault is not in-situ they they can assess as they take it apart themselves. This would have -apparantly meant that they could pursue to the people offically on record to have had 'last-touch'.
Once the flue duct was in my hand it was too late for Corgi to be interested.
It does seem to be a bizarre policy. I suppose it is one to put down to experience.

I thought they'd be in like a shot....
typical response from them, and especially as it is a government scheme
that they have to take on ,, they won't/can't be a@@@sed as it's too much for work for them,

there supposed to elliminate the cowboys ,, pull the other one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back