USB - COM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have finally got one of these.

The GSM module is on Com 2, so I assume putting this on Com 1 will be OK ?

The com 2 connector seems very fragile for connecting a USB cable to it.

Sponsored Links
Hi kathekas

Correct, you can use the USB-COM in COM1 with GSM-COM in COM2 (I think this is how I used mine too).
Wintex should be able to work out which com port on the PC your USB-COM is connected to (not always the same com port as the control panel). However, if it doesn't then the Wintex manual shows how you can work this out.

I didn't notice any difference in fragility between my COM1 and COM2 on my control panel. Either way, I only use the USB-COM when in engineering mode, I don't leave it in all the time.

Thanks I didn't mean to suggest one was more fragile than the other.

Just that they both seem easy to damage with a usb cable and a laptop connected.

I wouldnt even try to put the cover on with usb attached.

Think I might try and fix a cable tie some to take the strain in case I forget or become clumsy.

When using the COM-USB does the Commission jumper need to be in the commissioning position?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The comissioning jumper is for commisioning the wireless riochochet mesh only.

I am concerned that the com ports seem fragile, I would never have thought to to be fragile and I am very heavy handed at times.

If you are talking of putting the panel lid on with the usb attached, I wouldn't, the usb com cable is a tool used for connection to a laptop for servicing so designed to do with the lid off not on. Though some people connect it and have the cable comming out the back so they can connect easily.

The comport being used should be programed as not used for the usb connection to work.

I am concerned that the com ports seem fragile, I would never have thought to to be fragile and I am very heavy handed at times.

This is probably me being over conscious, but I am very clumsy and very inexperienced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back