Useless Police...

Thermo

funny isnt it how every one who is whinging on here about it, appears to have fallen foul of the police, yet when something goes wrong you still pick up the b****y phone to them.

Who else is there?

I encouraged my daughter to join the police, I used to play golf matches on a regular basis against the police, I then had a run in with them.
I now understand why young people have no time for them. It maybe be tarring them all with the same brush but its the power they have along with attitude. ie You are stopped for spending, whatever you say, wife in labour, someone dying in hospital, the reply is along the lines of well at that speed you want get there, if you dont have a reason, then is if you didnt have a reason then WHY.

I would telephone then if I needed help, but I would not P on one to put him out.

Sponsored Links
yep so youd expect him to pee on you to put you out if you were on fire. Yep it is tarring them all with the same brush. yep some are complete tossers with a chip on their shoulder, same as every profession in life. but a lot are decent hard working people, who take a lot of risks and put up with a lot of crap, so people can live their lives safely.

when i was about 8 i got done by the police for riding on the path and i absolutly sh*t myself.i was given a fine @ court and my parents were soooooo embarressed of me.now everyone rides on the path and have no respect for the police.when you see 2 policemen in a squad car weaving all over the place coz they're using mobiles/walkie talkiies or whatever and they were not even rushing to get anywhere .will not respect the police untill they have some common sense and treat the public with the respect that we USED to give them.

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone

will not respect the police untill they have some common sense and treat the public with the respect that we USED to give them.
Was it respect we gave them OR were we scared of them & what our parents would do. I think we had the respect for our parents & obeyed them, therefore if we were in trouble with the police we paid the price (even if wrongly accused) by our parents. I would not want to return to the old days, but there were plus points.
How did we manage without computers & the internet. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
i've got a shop that buys and sells consoles from the public so i keep a record of all the transactions and take 2 forms of i.d.
the police paid me a visit and says have you recently bought an xbox from 2 young lads?i had so i showed them the i.d.'s and their names and addresses.they said it was nicked so gave me a reciept and take the goods away :mad: what is the point of getting i.d. etc if the police can do that.i said to them i've got a family to support and all they said was "you must have known it was stolen,hard luck" :evil: the police raided a shop the other day to check for stolen goods and it took 4 riot vans :eek: they found nothing that was stolen but will keep the goods for 3mths while they check through all their stolen goods records :evil:

That is a difficult one: on the one hand, of course the owner of the goods should get them back, whether that be the person who's house was burgled or the insurance company that paid out.

But it isn't fair that you are left out of pocket. Who should be liable? Obviously, the thieves. But how do they get the money? Probably through more thieving.

This is why forced labour is a good idea, perhaps farms, factories or chaingangs. If the profit generated by these two lads is equal to £2 an hour, and you are out of pocket £50, they should be made to work 25 hours and you should then get that £50 back from the trust running the scheme. This might also allow us to compete with imports due to lower costs.

Perhaps you should find a way to get them shuffling very quickly past your shop and whimpering...

Find out what school they go to and pay the bullies to steal their trousers after PE and put dogpoo in their lunch. Surely that isn't a crime!

About 3 or 4 years ago a company moved into one of my units. They were(are) dealers and repairers of computers and ATM machines. On their very first day (in a high crime rate area)they left about 3 or 4 pallets of Compaq monitors in the street outside for about an hour or so, whilst they had their lunch. Despite my warnings, they still never moved them. That same night I felt uneasy at home and went back to the unit. Someone had cut open the roller shutter with a stihl saw and was loading an estate car with the said computers. From the end of the road I dialled 999 from my mobile and told the police. I gave the name and address and told them the thieves were still there. The ladies response was that the firms name I used didn't correspond with that address. I explained they were new to the area, but she was having none of it. I then changed tack and said, here is the name of the firm next door, they have been there years and will definitely be on your computer. Her reply? can you make up your mind which firm is be robbed. I put the phone down and left. On the way home I flagged a police van down, we went back and the thieves had gone, along with £20K worth of tackle.

like in walks of life there are some good staff in the control room and other that are not so good...even crap u might say.
thermo...that be it police or civilian..both have good and bad operators
centralising the control rooms..ie leicestershire have one number for the county and are all answered at one control room has improved the call waiting times no-end. yes ....u loose local knowledge but its not a bad price to pay.
seems everyone is eager to knock the police with out an understand of the workings and the lack of staff.
never think the police (generally) are just not responding to a job for no reason.
whether u get a good responce time is down to luck/staff/amount of other jobs.
jobs are prioritised, so crime in progress/threat to life should be dealt with staight away...dropping other jobs etc
but jobs that have happened, suspect has gone, etc have to join a queue many times...and some times the queues are long.
their is only a given number of police officers to cover an area,,,when they are busy thats it..the pots dry.
lack of govermant funds is the problem.
there are no trafic wardens in leicester now. they are all CSO's. a cost cutting exercise. the powers to CSO's will be extended so we get policing on the cheap.
i think to cover all the jobs we have to and other we close cos the is no-one to deal with them we would have to double the amount of officers

Thermo said:
funny isnt it how every one who is whinging on here about it, appears to have fallen foul of the police, yet when something goes wrong you still pick up the b****y phone to them.

Well Thermo you have just proved that Police Officers are arrogant and assume everyone not in a bloody Bill uniform or disagrees with them is a crook.

I complain about the Police, yet you are insinuating that I have fallen foul of them, which by general definition would make me a criminal, therfore you have commited slander.

The interesting thing is I am not alone, you state all complaining members are by default criminals...

Thermo, you need to accept that many Police Officers are Rude, arrogant and assume that everyone talking to them are liars, and you also need to accept that this assumption is also materially flawed and that Many Coppers in this modern era are unfit for the. bloody Job, they are Hypocrits who feel the law does not apply to them...

Thermo
I Think youre being `"Devils Advocate" here

david and julie

That story is so true

but worse when a loved one is getting his head kicked in from chavs/scum ............................................

after a half a min ,They want your phone no an postal code ..lol ,wanting a repeating 8 times as before ,just so the Panda /Copper wannabbie"SWAT CREW" .LOL,
can finish their burger/chinky/supper before a fast car,
an "NOTHING SPECIAL" entry "IN LOG BOOKS" is Said on sites ,coppers love it , ................as each time a boot/fist goes in ..

That bloke in Lancs kept them arsehole coppers on their toes this week ..bang ..have that for trying to throw me out my house ,LOL good job ..lol

I think we should go like the US an carry Guns only for cops where they get funny /DESERVE IT

Come On Rioters in Scotland ..KILL BUSH FOR THE WORLD AN BE A HERO >>

this was a drunk/FUNNY post as julie the censorcorship watch will kill anyone except her views what a bummer,SHAMEFUL ( ;o) take care , julie hope allow my joke ,best regards ,regards )

fwl, i think you will find i have accepted that in many of the replies i have made, but a lot of people seem to think everything should be dealt with at the drop of a hat, without prioritisng with blue lights flashing when it suits them. A lot of people on here have by their own admission had run ins with the police, which may have jaded their view for whatever reason. It seems its ok for them to tarnish all coppers with one brush but not vice versa.
I certainly agree that many shouldnt be in the uniform, lower recruiting standards, lower money, lower training standards, lower entrance standards all sparked by this governments wish to play a numbers game. I know of officers now who have been recruited who cant write english properly.
I get a little ****ed off of people on here running down coppers, nurses, doctors, the army etc, when theyve never seen it from the other side and have no comprehension of how difficult a job they do. Many was the time i felt like turning round telling someone to **** off and sort out their own mess, but i didnt i did my job, but that never seems good enough.

if ive slandered anyone i apologise, and no i never incinuated that everyone was a criminal, i stated that many had had a run in ie speeding ticket etc, and no that doesnt make you a criminal, a conviction in a court of law does that, so get your facts straight.

I dont try to play devils advocate i try to give a balanced reason as to why they may have acted as they have, rather than jumping on the waste of space bandwagon, its a shame others dont think a little bit further before doing so.

ninebob said:
I have another story to tell but I'll save it until tomorrow, then I'll post it in a new topic and link to it here...
I'll just post it here instead:

You should all know by now the bother I've been in, and that I'm not driving for a long time. I fully accept that I was entirely in the wrong on that occasion, and the police were nothing if not courteous and polite with me.

However:

My partner and I pay for a private parking space outside our flat. 3 months ago a clapped out Fiesta XR2i appeared in that space. We let it go for a few weeks as we thought perhaps the owner had run out of petrol and had to park it there. A month later it was still there and the tax ran out.

We phoned the police. Their answer was that as it was on private land there was nothing they could do. I mentioned that the tax had expired, and shouldn't it have a SORN declaration, they said to phone the council. (I have no idea why they suggested this as it's not council land, but that's what I did.) The council (understandably) said it was nothing to do with them, why not try the DVLA?

We phoned the DVLA. They said it had NO SORN declaration but it wasn't their problem because it was on private parking. You can see the circles we're going in here but still it didn't particularly bother us because neither me nor Nigel needed the parking space.

A week ago, approaching my birthday weekend, I realised that my friends from Brighton would be needing the space to park their car.

I phoned the police again. I got the same response, "we can do nothing if it's not on the public highway." At that point I lost my temper.

4 of us went from the pub to the private car park outside the apartments. We started trying to bounce this wreck but found it too heavy. At this point, and this is where I do admit wrongdoing, I went to the apartment and got a screwdriver. One of the lads broke the window and we let off the handbrake and wheeled the car out of my space, and onto the road where the police would have to deal with it.

Obviously one of the nosy neighbours saw this carry-on, because an hour later there was a buzz on the door and I was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage.

This happened over 2 weeks ago, so far I have been re-bailed and re-bailed, "pending further investigation". If they even try to charge me, I will claim "not guilty" all the way, given that I fail to see who is the complainant of criminal damage. The car has not been claimed, and has been pushed back, by the police, onto the kerb back in our private car park!

And so, I'm sorry Thermo, I can see how many of you have done a sterling job and I don't want to detract from that, but my experience here shows that the "Useless Police" as in the title of this topic won't do a thing, until I took the law into my hands and then they came running to arrest me. What's wrong with this picture?

whats wrong is that despite being told twice that there is no legl power for the police to do anything you wouldnt take it on board. If the law of the land states they cant do anything, what do you expect them to do. You should have gone through civil proceedings for its removal. If you chose to take the action you did then there is a comeback as its criminal damage. The police are duty bound to investigate the matter.

So the police have abided by the letter of the law and carried out their duty, youve ended up on the wrong side of it as youve not followed the law of the land. Would you have wished them to have abused their powers and moved the vehicle illegally?

Sponsored Links
Back