Using a combi boiler for central heating only replies to the guys who helped

Most boiler designs are so poor they must be designed by a Primary Skool kids.

Well then here is your opportunity to become famous and possibly richer than you are now..

As a qualified and respected heating engineer with a wealth of experience of poor designs your knowledge would be invaluable to the designers of the next generation of boilers..

Sponsored Links
Oh, here we go!! Another Google Warrior, no mate I don't design boilers & as installer, neither do manufacturers!! Most boiler designs are so poor they must be designed by a Primary Skool kids.
So crawl back under your stone.

You seem to have a habit of making unsubstantiated claims, but then can only resort to calling people names or rubbishing anything that you disagree with. Why not put forward some actual knowledge and make this a useful forum for everyone? Do you even have any experience? Anyone can put some blurb in their signature.

But everyone in the industry knows that the solution to your problem is to have a hot water cylinder.

That could even be heated by your existing boiler!

Tonyu

Sponsored Links
Get real mate, things of this nature are discussed fully & not in the public domain

Very true, and hence these matters cannot be found via Google. But they are available on other research information services that are not public access. A strict condition of these services is that subscribers agree to respect the copyright and/or commercial confidentiality of the information.

Why would I share anything with you, I'd be discussing something you know nothing about & you could only contribute drivel as always. Naff off!!

I suggested you share your knowledge with the boiler manufacturers' QA departments, they welcome and are often grateful for constructive critique of their products.

Very true, and hence these matters cannot be found via Google. But they are available on other research information services that are not public access. A strict condition of these services is that subscribers agree to respect the copyright and/or commercial confidentiality of the information.

I suggested you share your knowledge with the boiler manufacturers' QA departments, they welcome and are often grateful for constructive critique of their products.

Errr. No they don't. In my experience, the normal response to constructive criticism is that "no one has mentioned or brought that up before".Followed by my :rolleyes:.

Errr. No they don't. In my experience, the normal response to constructive criticism is that "no one has mentioned or brought that up before".Followed by my :rolleyes:.
@FiremanT I enjoy your posts and when ever I read anything to do with fires I always refer to you as the expert, as for boilers I worked with a manufacturer and had to go to Italy to do research and development stuff, there was a crowd of us in what I will call an Amphitheater, all plugged in laptops and load the software, all engineers type in what your input is , was funny as feck , when you typed in some words that are not translatable, then the system just picked the nearest answer , maybe they should get a top 100 gas engineer out there to translate

Errr. No they don't. In my experience, the normal response to constructive criticism is that "no one has mentioned or brought that up before"
One critique was on the sump of one of the first condensing boilers. It was formed from folded stainless steel sheet with the seams sealed with a silicone sealant. A replacement sump with welded seams was provided free of charge.

Another critique was the poor quality of PCB construction, specifically oversized holes for pins of the cable connectors resulting in annular failures of the soldered joints

annular fracture  PCB.jpg

The manufacturer was already aware of this problem and had had the PCB re-designed. They free issued a replacement PCB of the new design.

@FiremanT I enjoy your posts and when ever I read anything to do with fires I always refer to you as the expert, as for boilers I worked with a manufacturer and had to go to Italy to do research and development stuff, there was a crowd of us in what I will call an Amphitheater, all plugged in laptops and load the software, all engineers type in what your input is , was funny as feck , when you typed in some words that are not translatable, then the system just picked the nearest answer , maybe they should get a top 100 gas engineer out there to translate

Yea, Ian. I was really referring to random unsolicited "suggestions" or comments. Recently, I was invited by, IIRC, Baxi to take part in some sort of product development forum. I did not accept, as I am now employed and rarely see a Baxi (or whatever the Manf was).

Now, if it included a trip to Italy..................

One critique was on the sump of one of the first condensing boilers. It was formed from folded stainless steel sheet with the seams sealed with a silicone sealant. A replacement sump with welded seams was provided free of charge.

Another critique was the poor quality of PCB construction, specifically oversized holes for pins of the cable connectors resulting in annular failures of the soldered joints

View attachment 122895

The manufacturer was already aware of this problem and had had the PCB re-designed. They free issued a replacement PCB of the new design.

I don't really get what you are on about,(I rarely do,but that is a basic lack of interest in your ramblings) but if you are saying that YOU sent a critique about the PCB, then clearly your input had no effect as they already new and ha redesigned it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back