Using Existing Wiring For Garden LED?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought an LED motion sensor floodlight to replace an old halogen one. There's an existing switch inside. I was just going to wire the existing cable into my new LED light, but I've found the LED's a sealed unit and has its own cable (usual 3 wires). Can I use an external junction box to join the cables? What should I buy?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Don't try and be clever asking stupid questions........

Don't try and be clever asking stupid questions........
If this is aimed at me, it is a serious question.
Having to go back on the work due to the lack of clamping arrangement and subsequent failure at inspection I've stopped using wiska boxes.
I wonder how others get over the situation.

If this is aimed at me, it is a serious question.
Having to go back on the work due to the lack of clamping arrangement and subsequent failure at inspection I've stopped using wiska boxes.
I wonder how others get over the situation.
Apologies....thought you was one of the usual mob who just try and pick holes,try thesehttps://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Produc...MIhNeyg9HS6QIVGvlRCh1ZOwLiEAQYAyABEgL1pfD_BwE or swa cleats......never had a problem with wiska boxes myself

Apologies....thought you was one of the usual mob who just try and pick holes,try thesehttps://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Produc...MIhNeyg9HS6QIVGvlRCh1ZOwLiEAQYAyABEgL1pfD_BwE or swa cleats......never had a problem with wiska boxes myself
Most of my work is commercial and usually inspected by customer and/or consultant.

Frequently I need to install with the devices flying lead direct into a JB and therefore it needs a clamp. I find the Wiska is not worth the cost compared to a small adaptable box or Besa box.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back