Using Megger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just took delivery today of my brand new megger mft1502.
The instructions and user guides are "(not bad)" but i was maybe expecting a little bit more. I got my 2391 soon so i want to know this machine like the back of my hand, tried searching web for a more user friendly guide but nothin.
Anyone got any links, tips, papers?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
BenStiller said:
Just took delivery today of my brand new megger mft1502.
The instructions and user guides are "(not bad)" but i was maybe expecting a little bit more. I got my 2391 soon so i want to know this machine like the back of my hand, tried searching web for a more user friendly guide but nothin.
Anyone got any links, tips, papers?
Thanks.

tips: im sure your house could do with a PIR.......

maybe your mates. best way to learn is to actually use it

Yes Andy thats why i bought it, i do intend to use it.
Same reason i bought a van, because i drive.
sorry did i not mention i took driving lessons before i learnt to drive!

just remember dont hold both probes when doin insulation test! you might get false readings

Sponsored Links
BenStiller wrote:
sorry did i not mention i took driving lessons before i learnt to drive!
Why did you take lessons before you learnt to drive (learning to drive presumably involved lessons anyway)?

Are these some kind of pre-lessons (like pre-school for kiddies)?

Have you ever considered applying the same principle to learning electrics?

For some reason you cant seem to get a straight answer from this forum lately without some snotty nose little runt
(the one who always gives the first smart arsed reply to most postings) you know who you are!
or a sarcastic know it all butting in with their two pence worth of self rightious drivel.

Look, if you dont want to answer my question dont.
Once again, as stated in the post, I have received my user guide instruction manual with megger, I want to know this tester inside out for my 2391 coming up soon. (which i will)

All I wanted to know was has anybody come across some OTHER INFORMATION im not looking for a complete manual or a college course on it, just wandering if anybody has come across anything relevant, im not asking for anything definitive.

Im actually not asking for anything at all now, because like the replies to the post have deemed, it is obviously so ridiculous that i could even contemplate the notion, that there might actually be "more literature" on this peice of hardware is madness.

W**K**S

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PS ANDY.
MY HOUSE DOES NOT NEED A PIR BECAUSE ITS ACTUALLY ONLY 2.5 YEARS OLD.
SO IT WAS BUILT AROUND THE SAME TIME AS YOU I GUESS

BenStiller said:
PS ANDY.

idiot. you might aswell practice on your house. i thought even you would understand that. nless you were born 2.5 years ago

oh, and if you hate us so much, **** off.

Ben,
I see nothing in any of the other replies that deserved such a rude and obnoxious reply from you. Andy had a valid point - the best way to learn may be to try it. Use the manual provided, and if it's no help afterwards, maybe your college tutor will be able to point you in the right direction. That's what they are paid to do...
As for your feelings about the replies you receive here, no-one is paid to work here. Therefore you do not have a right to expext what you want to hear every time. If there is another suggestion (like andy's) then maybe you should try it out, or at the very least just politely decline the suggestion. Just don't call everybody else w@**Ers and Kn**heads if you don't like it. It looks like you aren't mature enough to communicate in an adult manner. Oh, and there's no need to shout either.

Dan

must agree with BEN, I used to get loads of good help, and there are still some nice guys on here, but there are a lot of pro`s who really like to make you feel a fool......they say its all for safety but it is not always the case..... Part P is rammed down your face, as they have to adhere to all day long, I understand this......but but but

lets get back to good advise......

I feel sorry for ben.

Darren

I am in agreement, the best way to learn is to practice on your own home, it is an easily controlled environment, and you should have a completion Cert for it, so you can check your results against the original..it would give you an idea if you using the machine right or wrong.

Ben, your reply was unwarranted, Andy was a little sarcastic with his probes comment, but this is nothing more that you should expect anyone to say in such a thread, it isn't personal and you shouldn't take it that way..

Further, Ben, if you cannot understand the instructions for the machine, perhaps you should ask an electrician you work with to show you it's correct use, messing about with it is potentially dangerous to you and others, I don't want to teach you to suck eggs, but I would urge you to be cautious in how you use the instrument until you are 100% sure of it's correct use.

Back on topic though, Ben what are you wanting advice on? Is it this particular instrument, or advice in general on how to conduct the tests?

Too late for Ben now, but perhaps useful advice for anybody about to embark on 2391 would be to buy their test kit before they start, and use it during training?

andy said:
BenStiller said:
PS ANDY.

idiot. you might aswell practice on your house. i thought even you would understand that. nless you were born 2.5 years ago

oh, and if you hate us so much, p**s off.

Not Us Andy, just YOU....GOBshite

BAN my course starts in 30 days time so i got plenty of time to get to know megger.

SPARK123 I dont need advise on how to conduct tests im armed with more than enough books, info, advise, and also practical experience on that, whilst using the seperate robin testers but thanks anyway.

Well i got no time to waste sitting here, i gotta user guide to read, thanks to all genuine intelligent mature people out there, who share their "experiences".

http://www.cuthbertsonlaird.co.uk/Books_Video's/Details_Megger16thEdition.htm

If anybody else on this forum has the audacity to ask a question like mine think again.
I have emailed megger and told them to immediately take this video out of circulation, I said
" OI MEGGER, YOU CLEARLY SUPPLY THE USER GUIDE TO THIS PRODUCT, WHY THE F**K DO YOU WANT TO BRING A VIDEO TAPE OUT AS WELL YOU NUGGETS"

I await with anticipation for their reply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back