Using mobile to make calls from Crete to the UK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hopefully off to Crete next week. I have unlocked handsets. What is the cheapest way to get calls from Crete to the UK?

Virgin who I have my main sim card with offer calls at 95p/min out, 60p/min in.

Sponsored Links
Just checked it all out and you appear to have the best deal already. Orange is £1.20 out, 60p in, O2 is 99p out, 69p in, and T-Mobile is £1 each way.

You may well find that it's cheaper still to use a payphone!

securespark said:
I'm hopefully off to Crete next week. I have unlocked handsets. What is the cheapest way to get calls from Crete to the UK?
Steal someone else's phone....

Sponsored Links
You can buy their sim and a total of €20 credit (why their credit is in euros and the call charges in pence, I don't know - to confuse buyers, maybe?)

for £27.66. This gives you 40 mins of calls from Crete @ 34p/min.

With Virgin's rates, that £27.66 will buy 29 mins.

do they have internet cafe's in crete...just a thought or wouldn't it work that way..?

how;s about you try buying a greek vodafone sim card when your out there? may be the cheapest way, I did it in spain and the best deal I got was from a little indian shop, came from under the counter!!!. ;)

securespark said:

Virgin who I have my main sim card with offer calls at 95p/min out, 60p/min in.

You could try and text your message to a land line http://www.voiceoftext.bt.com/ Not sure it will work with the International Dialling Code - Worth a try! ;)

Anyone tried this?

wpe3A.gif

Richardp said:
how;s about you try buying a greek vodafone sim card when your out there? may be the cheapest way, I did it in spain and the best deal I got was from a little indian shop, came from under the counter!!!. ;)

Thought of that. It would be a great way to make calls to Greek numbers, but what about their ppm costs to the UK?

Sponsored Links
Back