Using one neutral for multiple rooms

Ok, so you could run neutral wires from the cu to the light switches?

That would be ok, you can run two neutral wires from the cu, and run them to their respective light switches.

Sponsored Links
It sounds like the hall, kitchen and living room switches are probably fed from the same breaker (on the same circuit) in the distribution board. You can test this easily by turning off the breaker and seeing which lights go out. If that is the case, then a single neutral from the hall light to the switch position will be all you need. Is your house two floors? If so, the second breaker is probably for the upstairs lights.

It sounds like the hall, kitchen and living room switches are probably fed from the same breaker (on the same circuit) in the distribution board. You can test this easily by turning off the breaker and seeing which lights go out. If that is the case, then a single neutral from the hall light to the switch position will be all you need. Is your house two floors? If so, the second breaker is probably for the upstairs lights.
One floor with a stair down to my own front door so lights are split between 2 breakers

Sponsored Links
Ok, so you could run neutral wires from the cu to the light switches?

That would be ok, you can run two neutral wires from the cu, and run them to their respective light switches.
Sorry no access to any switches the upstairs (attic) is floored. So I only have access to the hall ceiling light as I am lowering the ceiling

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back