V4043H actuators are they interchangeable???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is the actuator head from say a 1056 the same as the 1106?

My dad's 1106 has just failed. The teeth are worn so that the microswitch is not made because the toothed plate never reaches it as it slips.

No plans to change the valve body as it appears to operate just fine by hand. But unless I can find just a replacement head it looks like im going to have to buy a whole new valve, and if so I only intend on changing the head.

Any body know if the heads are the same?

Sponsored Links
If your valve has a raised dimple on the silver case then it can be easily changed. The heads are the same in all other respects ie wiring etc.

If your 1106 is on an S plan, and is using the white wire, then the 1056 is not a replacement. If however the white wire is not being used, then you can replace it with the 1056

If your 1106 is on an S plan, and is using the white wire, then the 1056 is not a replacement. If however the white wire is not being used, then you can replace it with the 1056

The wire white is connected to the white wire from the other valve (HW) on the junction box but neither are connected to anything else.

Sponsored Links
I also whipped out the motor as it makes a buzzing sound. It did not motor at all but is free to rotate.

And if I understand it correctly the sliding toothed plate which engages with the motor pinion and has a flat angled section on the end that presses onto the microswitch should move all the way over and actually make contact with the microswitch plunger. On my dad's it stops short but about 8mm and sometimes slips off the teeth and springs straight back.

Do you think im right in assuming the valve head needs replacing? Its about 8 or 9 years old at least.

Your two actuators are interchangeable. To test the actuator, it must be on the valve. If it is not, then it will slip as you describe.

Thanks Oilhead for the reply.

Can you possibly clarify if there is any specific way to replace the head?

I.e. Do you put the valve into manual and locked or leave it on Auto?

etc etc.

:?:

Put into manual and locked, release when attached and the spring takes it toclosed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back