Vaillant 837 turbo max e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved this boiler about 600mm over to one side
making it only 3 m of pipe work away form the meter with 4 elbows the pipe work is in 22mm
it has worked fine for years with more pipe work
as soon as I moved it it comes up with code 29 meaning low gas or no gas

the working press at the meter is 23mb
the standing at meter is 25mb
the standing at the inlet on gas valve is 24mb
the working at inlet on gas valve is 17mb at full rate

no blockages in pipe work
Taken the gas valve apart cleaned up put back still the same
Do you think the gas valve could be broke
I have run out of things to try and they have no boiler
Can any one help
Vaillant help line are rubbish
I am Corgi (300880) B F L
Thanks For your time

Sponsored Links
Forget anything to do with standing pressure. That is meaningless, all it says is that you have gas there.

If you have carried out all the checks you say and in fact only have 5M equivalent length gas run then you should have no problems with the gas supply.

These can give eroneous error codes that do not necessarily point to the exact fault.

Also look at the ignition side of things and also re-check the flue and fan etc before buying a new gas valve.

I have checked the flue and fan and it all looks ok

the boiler lights then goes up to full rate then goes out then lights then up to full rate then goes out and displays code 29 the boiler then will not light

The code says in the book , Low gas Or No Gas or no water in system , but i have checked the water pressure switch and it seems to be ok on the meter
and there is water in it

any one any ideas

Sponsored Links
You are quoting a very recent CORGI number.

Surely you realise that you are losing 6 mB in the gas supply?

The BS stipulates only 1 mB.

This kind of query should be posted in the Combustion Chamber. You will frighten householders who read this and see that you are qualified but have no idea whats wrong and dont seem to be able to properly size gas pipes.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back