Vaillant DIV valve. DIY job?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had a bloke round to look at the boiler 2 weeks ago.. ( Vaillant Turbomax 282 )
no hot water, he said it was the DIV valve..
told me the part to get and where to get it from..
said he was away for an extended weekend and that he'd call me on the wed / thurs when he got back..
that should have been a week ago..
he's either forgot or can't be arsed for the job..

so is it hard to change?
looks like 2 nuts and a clip on bit..

Sponsored Links
great.. I'll give it a go then..

£103 for the valve.. save me a £50 on the installation..

so, if you make a cod of it, you will have burnt your boat. Is a pi55 case, for a pro that is.

I think you will be posting here again.

Sponsored Links
so, if you make a cod of it, you will have burnt your boat. Is a pi55 case, for a pro that is.

Shame you don't speak english - or scottish, and are therefore just another dumn gas plumber.

Col jack, all you have to do is remake the joints correctly ( check manufacturers advice ' its all online), test for gas leakage (soapy water) and you're sorted.

Thats what a gassafe plumber will do.

Shame you don't speak english - or scottish, and are therefore just another dumn gas plumber.

Col jack, all you have to do is remake the joints correctly, test for gas leakage (soapy water) and your sorted.

shows what you know ya muppet :D

Col jack, all you have to do is remake the joints correctly, test for gas leakage (soapy water) and your sorted.

shows what you know ya muppet :D

yes, i forgot about checking gas pressures, another job that requires a plumbers intelligence, ie none.

ColJack, it's not a hard job IF you get everything right. If you don't know what "everything" is then you'll be in hot water, literally, but with none in the kitchen sink.

Crossing the road is easy too, one foot in front of the other. A 3 year old can do it. But would he know about looking both ways??

If you get someone like holmslaw wittering on about gas leaks from water pipes, best avoid him. :rolleyes:

yes, i forgot about checking gas pressures, another job that requires a plumbers intelligence, ie none.
keep forgeting evertime i change a pump. or a 3 port or 2 port valve on a heating system.to check gas pressures :rolleyes:

to be honest one of the easiest div changes.but be aware theres 1 short screw and 2 long ones for taking the pump off.and trust me a long screw on the top of the pump will go through the pipe if not concentrating :oops:

I think the last 3 or 4 posts demonstrate that gassafe plumbers generally have an iq lower than their age.

What a joke of a system, dribbling morons officially responsible for gas safety, when their only real ability is that they can smell gas. :LOL: and see bubbles. FFS

[/quote]I think the last 3 or 4 posts demonstrate that gassafe plumbers generally have an iq lower than their age.

What a joke of a system, dribbling morons officially responsible for gas safety, when their only real ability is that they can smell gas. and see bubbles. FFS[/quote]

proberbly make me 116 years old then.and if you think bubbles are a proven test.then that would make your IQ 10.

got the installation manual but it doesn't show the DIV specifically.. I take it there is a service manual for it too somewhere?
anyone e-mail me a copy?
PM for e-mail.. they don't like it out in the open..

the valve came with all the needed rings and seals and such.. or it said it did on the box..
picture shows 2 fiber washers, 1 metal clip, 1 valve and what looks like an o-ring seal..
the o-ring seal is missing from the bag however.. box was sealed..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back