Vaillant Ecomax Pro boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My parents have had the above boiler for around 4 years. It's been tempramental at times but this morning there was no hot water. I went to have a look and it was flashing in error mode "27 F".

I switched the FCU off for a minute and when I put it back on it seemed to be running fine. After arounnd 45 minutes it has gone back into error mode and is showing "26 F". Again isolating the boiler and switching it back on seems to have (for now) rectified the problem.

I can't find these fault codes on the Vaillant website (or anywhere else!). Is it time to call out an engineer or should I just leave it and see if it is ok?

I believe it's a Y-plan open vented system. The heating has not been switched on at any point, the problem appears to be with the hot water.

Any advice welcome. ;)

Sponsored Links
f 26 " check ntc on return systen fault

to restrictive? possible pump failure"

there ain't an f27 listed

( well not on the rom iv'e got ) ;)

stick an e mail addy in your profile ;)

kevplumb said:
there ain't an f27 listed

( well not on the rom iv'e got ) ;)
Found the manual and as you stated there is no F27. Bit of a mystery because thats what it said. :confused:

Anyway it seems to be ok for now so i'll leave it and see what happens.

circulation problem. Check header tank, cold feed & pump.

Sponsored Links
Pump must be set to max on these boilers, otherwise it may think there is a pump fault.

The book for my ecomax800 gives F27 as "no demand for gas" and suggests a control board fault. ps no F26 listed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back