vaillant ecotec 28 pro no heating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, I'm having a problem with a valiant ecotec pro 28w combi, there was luke warm water and very noisy diverter valve so i have change it for a new one but now the heating will not work, the boiler fires up for heating and soon reaches 80 deg on the screen then shuts down, the pump is running and the system is full, i have removed the heat exchanger and checked for blockages. removed the flow filter and cleaned it out but still nothing, the flow and return are stone cold under the boiler, when i put the new diverter on and switched on for the first time i got a code flash up CON so disconnected the diverter and it fired up and then reconnected it and it stayed on, one more thing is that when the power is turned off the screen some times starts flashing all sorts of different numbers like in the matrix film (sorry but thats all i can think it looks like) then it slowly fades and goes out, its driving me mad, i don't really want to go and buy a new pcb unless i know its definitely that what is causing the problem, any help would be great
thanks you

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back