Vaillant EcoTEC Combi Boiler - pressure / water issue ?

Errr just a thought but is jersey natural gas at normal pressure?
just checked an it's not... I would turn it off an ring ur installer pronto to make sure he has set up co2 correctly f28 is gas ignition fault!

Jersey is LPG, the installer is Jersey Gas, the boilers have been converted to run on LPG for the local market. They currently have a ( supposed ) half price offer on the boilers and are offering 5 yrs interest free which is why we used them. They are chocca with installations at the moment, we had to wait 6 weeks so you would think that they could do these in their sleep by now.

Engineer is back later this morning and I will pop home from work to see him. 3 days without heating or hot water in January is no fun. Luckily I had a bath before Christmas so I'm ok for a couple of months but the missus has an OCD, she likes to shower every day!

Sponsored Links
Ok mate let me know very interesting the Vaillant offer maybe it's just slightly out on the adjustment or faulty gas valve or maybe faulty inlet pressure

He's coming back tomorrow to fit time clock and clear the rubbish and I hope he can resolve, my concern is that as we had the optional flush and fill with Fernox that perhaps a weakness has been exposed in the pipework leading to a leak and subsequent pressure loss.

Cleaning and inhibiting a system is never optional! Its essential when a new boiler is fitted.

Any installer who will fit a new boiler without cleaning the system is a cowboy!

It does not help that some tight customers will not pay for cleaning but they usually sufffer later will boiler problems and spend more getting it sorted out later.

Tony

we had the optional flush and fill with Fernox

It is never optional to clean and inhibit a system!

Any installer who fits a boiler without this is a cowboy!

Is there no Channel Islands on the list?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Just been back home to see the engineer, the heating is running, he showed me a black piece of plastic pipe used to connect to the boiler. He'd only fixed with one screw which had come off leading to lockout.

Sorry my techinical knowledge is zero but as I understand it it was a part that needed to be fitted to allow the boiler to work, looked a bit like a funnel with a large circular fitting at one end approx the size of a teacup rim and a smaller circular hose at the other about 30mm in circumferance.

He needs to extend the vent on the flat roof above it as it is too close to the house, been fine for 9 years but H&S BS I guess. Just had a new flat roof fitted so hope integrity remains intact, a bit of silicone is hardly durable externally.

He hopes to be finished today, so do I 3 days seems a long time for a boiler swap out. I've asked him to check all the rads as some upstairs seemed not to get hot, could need bleeding as he flushed the system.

Thanks for your help, I'm hoping that all will be well with the new boiler and that it saves me money long term.

NB - sorry Tony just seen your post, couldn't see channel islands or Jersey on the list.

As for flushing, it was on offer at half price £200, it was an option and not mandatory but I took the view that we should take the opportunity to flush to ensure that the new boiler could function as well as poss. Not much point in having a new boiler trying to heat rads that are full of crap. I assumed that it would enable the heating to be as effecient as it could be resulting in lower bills, also I figured the pump would clog with crud from the rads if I didn't flush.I was concerned that it would expose any weakness in the pipes resulting in a leak, is this a potential problem?

Does anyone know if i need to switch off my Valliant Eco Pro Combi boiler before i top up the water pressure??

I have a problem with my vaillert boiler. My partner is putting in a new bathroom and nicked a pipe so water leakage. I drained the water tanks to stop the leaking. Fixed the pipes and turned water on but the boiler had 0 pressure. I tried to fill it up but the pressure goes up and as soon as we stop filling it plummets to 0. Water is coming out the overflow pipe outside. I don't know if its because air is in the system but I am not sure how to get the air out. We have tried to release air (and air comes out) from the hot water tank but it makes no difference. Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance!

Dear all,

I'm having a spot of bother with our boiler at home. Last night the boiler was reporting a F.22 low pressure fault, which after digging through the manual I fixed this morning, fillinf the tank back up using the filling loop. This seemed to go okay, and the heating came back on - and is still working fine.

However, now water has stopped flowing out of every hot tap in the house.

I'm at a loss for what has changed. Last night there was water flowing from the hot tap, all be it cold water. Now not a drop!

Is anyone able to shed any light on this please?

One thought I had, is did I top up the tank to much? The needle on the analogue manometer is still in the gray, but towards the high pressure end. The digital manometer reads 2.8 Bar, which I uneccesarily high.

Kind regards,
Luke

You've probably not shut the filling loop tap on the right,I'm assuming your vaillant is an ecotec plus

Hi,

Cheers for replying so quickly!

Yes it's an EcoTec plus 831,

I will go and double check I have shut the filling loop properly.

Thanks for your help!

Luke

I've checked the filling loop was properly closed. Everything seemed to be okay, so it seems something else must be the causing the lack of water flowing from the hot taps.

Cheers
Luke

The grey taps are held on by a small screw,first make sure it's fully screwed on and also make sure the that the plastic is not broken,it might be that the taps are showing closed when they're not,hope this makes sense?

Hi,

I'm sorry to bring this up again, but I have followed the advice I was given yesterday. I am certain that the filler loop is shut, the central heating works, but we still have the problem that no water, let alone hot water, flows from any of the hot taps.

If anyone can shed any light on this it would be very much appreciated!

Kind regards,
Luke

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back