Vaillant Ecotec plus 630 no heating hot water

Are the actuator heads for both motorised valves fitted ? If not the ports may be closed on both ??

Sponsored Links
I have tried them in different positions and the result is the same unfortunately. When i keep it in what i understand is the open position and the tank's immersion heater is on, i feel the pipes upstream(boiler end) of the valve gets quite hot but when the boiler is on downstreams of the valves are lukewarm mostly but does sometimes gets a bit warner for a metre or so of pipe downstream.

I have double-checked and bled the radiators all round the house. Had no trapped air in them. Followed the instructions kindly provided by Terry and Picasso. I have a couple of questions:
1. What pressure is the small guage to the right of the pump in attached image 1 is displaying and does it look right? This was reading almost 0 but went up after I manually turned the pump using screwdriver about 20 turns.
2. Is there a sequence of steps i can follow to rule out trapped air inside the boiler/system? I have so far bled the rads which does not seem to have any trapped.

I had completely drained the system after i couldn't get the CH and HW to work following F22 code resolution in the hope that it will resolve the issue. Is there anything in particular i should have done done when re-pressurizing the system after draining it?

Getting desperate to resolve this.

I reckon Either the canoe filter is blocked or the pump is blocked/faulty, you need someone to isolate the boiler at the valves underneath , drain the boiler and remove the pump and canoe filter, from what you have described I would bet on a duff pump.

Sponsored Links
From the installation manual:

Preventing low water pressure - To ensure that the heating installation operates smoothly, the indicator on the pressure gauge must point to the upper half of the grey area or to the middle of the bar graph display in the display (marked by the dashed limit values) when the heating installation is cold.
This corresponds to a filling pressure of between 0.1 MPa and 0.2 MPa (1.0 bar and 2.0 bar).
If the heating installation extends over several storeys, higher filling pressures may be required to avoid air entering the heating installation.
If the filling pressure falls below 0.08 MPa (0.8 bar), the product indicates low pressure by displaying a flashing pressure value.
If the filling pressure falls below 0.05 MPa (0.5 bar), the product switches off. The display shows F.22.

This boiler also has a purge program - you can download the installer manuals from Vaillant.
HTH

Are you sure you havent mistakenly closed one of the isolation valves on your Magnaclean thinking it was a filling loop valve ?

Massive thanks to Terry, Picasso, BoredSeb and Ianmcd.

@ianmcd - while i do not recall for the life of me to havw touched isolation valves for Magnaclean and certainly do not recall isolation valves' initial position. However, turning on the isolation valves for Magnaclean resulted in resolution of circulation problem.

@BoredSeb - does your comment relate to the small analogue guage right of the pump in attached image 1? How can i affect the preasure dispayed on that guage.

@all - i am struggling to understand where the automatic bypass valve is. I see the pump overrun go for good 30-45 mins before it shuts down.

Also, is there a maintainenance program run i can carry out from the installer/ diagnosyics menu to spot early signs of trouble?

Once again thanks for massive help.

Well done Ian, as soon as you typed that I thought it would be the case!

RMS - yes, that gauge needs to be a bit higher - you need to add more water to the system (with the fill loop) until the bar graph on the display is in the middle when system cold.
The bypass is built into the boiler and should have been adjusted when commissioned.

Thanks Seb. The pressure on the analogue gauge is not the same as the pressure displayed on the digital display. Bumping up the pressure using the filling loop does not increase the pressure on the analogue gauge but does on the digital gauge. Is digital and analogue gauge both meant to display the same pressure?

I am struggling to understand why the boiler keeps coming on, the temperature quickly climbs up and then pump overrun. There is no CH and HW demand. Both (CH and HW) motorised valves are shut (seemingly functioning normal). I have been monitoring this for the past couple of hours. I am pretty sure this has been happening overnight as well. I have now powered off the boiler as this rapid heat buildup=> pump overrun constantly cannot be a good thing for the boiler.

Not sure what is causing the boiler to fire up when there is no CH and HW demand :?::?:

Not sure what is causing the boiler to fire up when there is no CH and HW demand
post a pic of the boiler display when it false fires, most likely cause is a fault end switch on one of your motorised zone valves, a pic of the display as it is firing will tell you if this is the case

Aside from the fact that the boiler is firing up when no demand for hot water or central heating ( as Ian advised above that's a zone valve problem) are you still not getting hot radiators or domestic hot water ,or is that now resolved ?

This is now resolved based on comment from Ian. At present i am switching off the boiler from mains once pump overrun has completed and before the boiler/pump has come back on until i have actioned on Ian's comment.

@terryplumb - the boiler is going on short-cycle when there is no CH and HW demand. Ian's asked for a photo of the boiler display when it comes back on and short cycles. This is what i was referring to in my previous message.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back