Vaillant Ecotec plus 630 no heating hot water

If the entire system ,boiler / unvented cylinder / wiring / pipework etc is all only 8 months old ,it should still be under warranty by the installer. I appreciate the builder may have organised the work ,but a GSR engineer would have had to commissioned / installed possibly with a G3 certified plumber as well and you could contact them directly.
They would have had to notify building control of the installation.

Sponsored Links
@Johnmdc - been away for work. Got back today and checked that 24VRT link has a little read wire linking two terminals on the connector (photo attached). I take you are asking for this to be removed to check if the short cycling still happens?

@terryplumb - sadly, pretty ugly story with the builder. I understand that this install has been Gas Safe certified but have no paperwork for this, brand new wiring in the whole house again Electric safe certified no paperwork, brand new extension built additional work carried as per building regs on instructions from building inspector, do not believe a completion certificate was issued. The builder has about £7K of our money overpaid to him and he has gone awol. So, no go at this point on warranty front :(

Attachments

• Vaillant_630_ecoTecPlus_PCB_24vRT.jpg
    Vaillant_630_ecoTecPlus_PCB_24vRT.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 72
Sponsored Links
Yes remove that link.
The boiler will just run constantly with it in place.

Thanks John. I take it is normal practice to remove this link? The only reason i can think this link is put in place is to get the boiler going even without a thermostat? This cause of short-cycling would explain significantly higher gas bills even during summer months. Really hurts knowing that the installer should have removed this link as Hive thermostat was installed at the time of boiler installation. I will remove this link and report back on the boiler behaviour later this evening hopefully. Thanks again.

just a typo by @Johnmdc it is actually 24v as it says on the plug and yes it needs removed, very common for this to be missed by installers sadly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back