Vaillant EcoTec Plus 630 - No pressure - open service valves

It really does seem as if you have had a system installed by totally unqualified people.

Until you have clarified the situation dont make any further payments.

A gas appliance MUST be installed by a Gas Registered person AND notified to Building Control.

"Builders" dont install boilers. Thats done by registered boiler engineere ( or plumbers if you must call them that ).

The unvented cylinder also has to be installed by a G3 qualified person and ALSO notified to Building Control.

Tony

Sponsored Links
1. If I referred to builders earlier I meant my contractor. I believe he brought in a heating engineer/plumber to install it.

2. I did receive a Gas Safe certificate after installation (if that means anything?). Ominously, although it appears legitimate, I cannot find his number on the Gas Safe Register online. Hmmm.

Would you recommend I bring someone in to inspect (seeing as the general consensus on here seems to be unfavourable)?

If I do bring someone, (a) what qualifications should he have, (b) is there any sort of test he can do to ensure e.thing is okay (e.g. as with a PIR for electrics)? How much should this all cost?

{Oh, and the door is not snapped off. It's open. :LOL: }

As far as the current problem is concerned its just work in progress.

This "Certificate" did it get posted by Gas Safe or another provider or just written out by the installer ( quoting a false registration number )?

You can call Gas Safe on 0800 408 5500 and discuss this false number and they will come and give a free inspection of the boiler installation.

You can get lots of problems if you dont have the correct paperwork. Thats a Certificate posted to you, usually by Gas Safe. An installer was recently fined £750 for not giving one to the customer!

Tony

Sponsored Links
As far as the current problem is concerned its just work in progress.

This "Certificate" did it get posted by Gas Safe or another provider or just written out by the installer ( quoting a false registration number )?

You can call Gas Safe on 0800 408 5500 and discuss this false number and they will come and give a free inspection of the boiler installation.

You can get lots of problems if you dont have the correct paperwork. Thats a Certificate posted to you, usually by Gas Safe. An installer was recently fined £750 for not giving one to the customer!

Tony

I believe I did get a Gas Safe cert in the post (definitely not hadnwritten). It looks legit... Maybe he didnt renew his membership

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back