Vaillant EcoTec Pro not reaching set temperature

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hello! We have 3 years old Vaillant boiler and recently we noticed that it's not reaching set temperature. I set the temp to 50 deg C, and then when we open the water, it starts burning and burns about 4-5 sec. then it stops. around 46 deg C. Water cools down a bit, then it starts burning again. this time burns about 2-3 sec and stops. I don't think it's related to temperature but it tries to burn and something make it stop. There is no error code on the screen. I will attach a video of the problem as well. I'll be appreciated if you can give me an idea what is it about. Thank you!

video: https://streamable.com/mfr5v4

Sponsored Links
Thank you Ian, for your prompt response. I better watch and learn about how to clean that part

Sponsored Links
Here in my country, warranty is valid for only 2 years. Btw is that heat exchanger plate only works for tap water usage? I just tried and my problem is also same for heating system.

Try running the hot water or heating, and press the 2 top buttons, it might throw up a status code indicating an issue

ok I just did and it displays S14 while it's burning and then S13 when it stops

Still worth going into the installer menu and looking at the previous fault history, some faults log in there that down show on the main screen and can give a clue.

Its not any sort of blockage in the water ways, either an electronics fault or potentially a gas supply issue depending on if any fault is logged in the history

Hello @ScottishGasMan ! Thanks for your reply. I checked manual to see previous errors. So I entered Code 17 to reach installer menu and then by clicking right button twice I reach the menu " F ". However it doesn't display any error codes on that screen, instead it asks me to put a number. So I'm not sure if I was on the right screen.

What country are you in? 99% this forum covers UK boilers 99% of the time, and there are often subtle differences in the boilers and software between different country's

When you get to the point in the fault history with the dashes, have you tried pressing + or - to see if it cycles through them?

On ours it will say no faults present normally, could be yours is different or could be some very unusual pcb fault

Yes! So all past 10 errors are same and F22. That's about water pressure right? From time to time, pressure was dropping under 0.8 and I was raising it up, so that shouldn't be related to my current problem. Seems like no error has been shown about the problem

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back