Vaillant EcoTec Pro not reaching set temperature

Here is what I've noticed today. When I remove the front panel, it started to heat up the water continuously. I set the temperature to 50 deg but it didn't stop at 50 and continue to heat up above 60 where I had to close the tap. So obviously my NTC sensor is not working. I better purchase a new one and try again after replacing it. I'll update the post. Thanks for your helps

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You don't have an issue with the NTC based on what you've said, the display shows the primary heat exchanger temperature not the domestic hot water temperature, so it should be between 10 to 20 degrees higher on display.

The rules of this forum are quite clear with regards to DIY gas advice not being allowed, removing the case on that boiler is removing the case seal, and the fact that it runs fine with case off give me serious cause for concern about there being a potential combustion issue on that boiler, so my only further advice would be to refit the casing and get a competent engineer in to repair and test it, you've proven enough to know that its not a simple setting or DIY issue that can be fixed without the correct tools and knowledge to keep you safe.

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back