Vaillant ecotech plus 831

pullhair.gif

Sponsored Links
That’s where the arrow is on the pressure gauge display - @ 11 o'clock When I press the ‘ – ‘ sign underneath the digital display it gives a reading of 2.0bar that flashes back to 1.9bar on the display

If it is reading 2.0 when cold you now have too much pressure in the system.

It should read about 1.2 cold. This will not stop the boiler working though.

The dial gauge is a very rough indication of pressure. Some I've fitted achieve 1.2 with the needle at '9 O'clock position, others at 11 O'clock.

The pressure switch I refer to is inside the boiler, bottom left, about 3/4" diameter with 2 wires out of it. Old ones were orange, new ones are black.

When you think the boiler should be on for ch, press the 'i' button and tell us what 'S' code is displayed.

Sponsored Links
it was S.20 - Now's it's S.24 / now S.27 - Seems to staying on S.27 . Once again no real firing up - tried to turn the tap on to get it started and it has gone into F.20. Thanks for your help here

S.98 now although it looks like 5.98 though - hope this helps. Boiler is just making a slight humming noise - no real attempts to fire up

Dave,

To get the facial off the boiler so that I can find the colour of the pressure switch, do I just undo the central screw on the bottom of the boiler and remove the white face or is it more complicated? Cheers. Andy

OK- face of boiler is now off. I think the pressure switch is black . It has black , green and red wires coming from the bottom of it – sound right?

Yes that sounds like a new one, but even thes will fault with dirty system water.

S98 is usually associated with a blockage in the system.

The other S codes you post are all to do with the warmstart function operating. Turn this off by turning the HW stat dial all the way to the left then back to about 55C.

The F20 is the boiler overheating due to the flow ntc failing or not connected properly. Not 100% certain if this is the 'terminal' condition of the main HE code :confused:

The ecotec has a 'last resort' high temp sensor fitted to the HE and when this goes you cannot replace just this, you have to have a new HE.

Generally it is looking as if your system is full of crud

There was quite a bit on the magnaclean when I removed and cleaned it but it wasn’t really built up (and it hasn’t been cleaned for almost a year). The system was chemically flushed/ cleaned twice before the new boiler was fitted. The was little debris after the chemical cleaning and I was told that the system was very clean. HE – Heating Element is this Dave? Are we looking at a lot to replace this and are chances high that it might happen again? We have worked out that the boiler is under a year old as well. I haven’t sent off any warranty but will this be covered?

Update chaps – I have just had an engineer around and he diagnosed that it was a faulty pump. Will be getting it fixed under warranty in the next couple of days by Val eng. Many thanks for all your input and help - greatly appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back