Vaillant Green IQ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've been using a Vaillant 831 combi for the last 11 years and I've been very happy with it. Other than a diverter valve and a bit of grit jamming the flow sensor after a water main repair, it's proved nice and reliable.

The new house needs a new boiler, so the obvious choice is the Vaillant 832. However, I see the Green IQ combi is available and as we are growing family of 5 with quite a high hot water demand, this looks like a good option.

My only question is reliability. Are there any know issues with the Green IG, or any other reason not to go for it? My other thought was an 831 with flue heat recovery as a simple solution for a bit of long-term saving.

Thanks. Barry

Sponsored Links
Youd be better just getting the IQ with the heat recovery built in, If you get a Vaillant credited fitter to fit it with the protection kit(filter) then you can get a 10 year warranty on it, 35kw version available or if you have the water flow rate and can get the right size of gas pipe to boiler then there is also a 43kw version which will run a higher flow of hot water.

Many thanks, I guess it does make sense not to over complicate it and I'm guessing that as they've been out a couple of years any teething troubles have been sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back