Vaillant turboMax combi boiler Stopcock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

New on here!
Reason for my question is because I am trying to stop a leaking hot water stopcock tap to the washing machine, but it is boiler related!

The hot "outflow pipe" from my boiler leads directly to the hotwater tap for the washing machine, via a 'T-junction' joint. To change the leaking tap, I obviously need to stop the hot water flow from the boiler. However there is no stopcock on the pipe leading into the boiler, so I am at a slight loss as to how to turn off the hot water flow?

Any bright ideas anyone? Feel free to ask any questions about something I might not have described well enough.

Thanks

Jock

Sponsored Links
Either turn off the cold mains to the house, or find the cold mains isolator on the inlet to the boiler and turn this off. Either will stop the DHW.

Hi Kevplumb,

It definitely isn't underneath the boiler - I've followed the pipe up into the boiler and there is no means of stoping the flow.......

Jock

Sponsored Links
there is no means of stopping the flow
Yes there is, it's just that you don't recognise it. Just turn off the mains cold water - much simpler.

kevplumb said:
gray knob ;)

Sounds like you need a doctor if that's the case.
Also kev, is that your dog eared tax return stuffed into the fascia of your boiler along with the user instructions?

Hi All,

thanks for the replies.
I presume that once I have turned off the mains and repaired both the taps, the system will need re-pressurising - or have I got the wrong end of the stick. i,e will messing around with one of the outflow pipes have little impact on the pressurised system for central heating etc?

cheers again

Jock

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back