Vaillant Turbomax plus 828e F28 lockout code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have just found this great site.. Any ideas on this problem. I have a Vaillant turbomax plus 828E Combi. I Powered it off today While replacing a sink, Water was turned off and drained down. After refilling the system and powering on, the boiler shows Error Code F28. This relates to gas supply or ignition. The Sparker is sparking Ok. But it appears to be getting no gas. The gas supply is ok in the rest of the house.

If you press reset it tries to ignite 3 times then F28!
Please help its staurday night and its cold!! :(

Sponsored Links
If the gas supply to the boiler was turned off then it is possible that there could be air in the boiler's gas pipework. If this is the case, then the boiler will not light until the air is purged (repeatedly trying to re-light the boiler may achieve this).

Gas fitter has been twice so far.. tried a new gas valve. Not that!! tried a new control board which spontaneously combusted.. OOPS!! gone away to get more parts..
The moral of this story never assume a gas fitter knows your particular boiler or indeed what he's doing.
We live in hope !

Sponsored Links
Second "heating engineer" arrived wednesday. took a look and said let me take your manual so I can ring Vaillant.. Never been seen again..So tomorrow im off to buy the parts required from hrpc and im going to fix it myself.
After a bit of basic electronic testinga nd one call to Vaillant it turns out the fault is caused by the gas valve cable going short and burning out the relay on the board.
So their you have it F28 code = new board and a cable £200 thankyou and goodnight.. I will never pick up the phone again for a Heating engineer.

I had an F28 fault code on my Vialliant boiler about three months ago. According to the manual an F28 fault code can be one of about six or seven different things; including insufficient gas and ignition problems.

I called out a registered engineer and he tested for all the possible problems listed. Everything was fine. The only thing that my engineer could think of that might not be working well (even though it tested fine on firing up) was the ignition. He changed the electrode (which is a component that includes the ignition and monitoring electrode) and the boiler has been working fine since. I'm not saying that this will fix your problem if you have an F28 but I didn't see this solution listed on the net when I had the fault and it cured mine.

Best of luck

Thanks Bunnyman, but I can read dates :) (I see you've been thanked 36 times so take this as 37 ;)) I actually wanted to reply to a later F28 thread that I saw here when I first had my problem but I couldn't find it again. So I just thought, what the heck, I might as well reply to any F28 thread I can find and anyone who searches for it will see my reply as the latest likely solution.

You may be able to read dates but you dont seem able to read how many times Bunny has been thanked if you say its just 36.

At the time of writing thats visible to me as 61 times. But it will increment as he gets further thanks.

You only add to his thanks score by pressing the "thanks" button!

Tony

You may be able to read dates but you dont seem able to read how many times Bunny has been thanked if you say its just 36.

At the time of writing thats visible to me as 61 times. But it will increment as he gets further thanks.

Tony

What is up with people on here? First Bunnyman has an assumptive go at me for "not" reading dates and now you lump on, totally oblivious to the fact that it was obviously just 36 WHEN I posted. Anyway, as you have both been thanked loads of times, I can only hope most of your other posts are more constructive. A happy and less pedantic holiday to you all.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I've been wondering whether or not to comment for around 5/6 years now, and it has been playing on my mind daily.

This aforementioned issue has lead to me being sacked from my job for being "unable to concentrate", my marriage broke down because all I did was ask my wife whether or not I should leave a comment and my cat died, this had nothing to do with your comment though.

The thing that has been haunting me, aside from your awful attitude and evident need to jump on the band waggon when somebody tries to humiliate another person, is your inability to correctly use the English language.

"Increment" is a noun and you used it in place of a verb you silly sausage. What you should have said is "...but it will INCREASE as he gets further thanks."

It won't 'increment'. It cannot increment. It will increase INCREMENTALLY, maybe - but that is not what you said, and the tense of the word had to change for it to make any sense.

If you are going to attempt to publicly humiliate somebody in a forum such as this, please give some thought to your choice of words. The English language has been growing and developing for far too long for you to lazily plod along and use it incorrectly.

As with your comment, I thought I'd keep off topic.

Regards,
Andrew.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back