Vailliant ecotec pro 28.Help would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks.
I have just had a new Vaillant ecoTEC pro 28 boiler fitted.I live in a one bedroom flat.
I have a couple of questions and would really appreciate any help.
It came with the mechanical timeSWITCH 150 which I'm finding a complete nuisance.I've tried to set the timer a few times but it's not working.
When you've set the time should the little time indicators not line up to the actual time.
Ie the time is at 11:15 and the minute hand is lined up with number 20(8pm)
Also is it ok to switch the boiler off at the on/off button on the boiler if going out for a while?
I would really appreciate any help and advice as I am a complete novive when it comes to combi boilers.
Thank you folks!

Sponsored Links
Thanks folk.I actually have a hard copy of the manual.It's only the one wheel that turns and the "time mark" doesn't line up for the time.Ie if I set the time to 12pm should it not line up with the little arrow?
I can only turn the wheel to set the hour hand?

Sponsored Links
I know you know but the OP may not...he also needs to doable preheat if set!

its extraordinary how little people know about things that are so important to make life comfortable...

It's the timer for heating the radiators I'm having problems with?Also is it ok to switch the boiler off from the on/off button when going out for a while?
Any help and advice is MUCH appreciated folks.
Thanks.

not a good idea, boilers should be left permamently on and programmed as you want..thats because thing move to prevent them sticking

not a good idea, boilers should be left permamently on and programmed as you want..thats because thing move to prevent them sticking
Thanks,I was just thinking of it using electricity if I was away for a day say?
How long should it take to get hot water?I am in a very small fat and the boiler is next room to the bathroom but it will take around 40-50 seconds for the water to start warming up.Is this normal?
Thanks.

yes..

you can activate preheat to reduce that..but its not worthwhile unless you can time it, which you can't with that timer.

I had an old back boiler system before this and was told this new boiler would save me money on gas!So far with just heating 2 radiators then switching off when the room has warmed up it's actually using up a lot more gas according to my gas meter?
Are these boilers generally considered decent quality and cost effective?
I just hope it's all been worth it?
The only benefit so far is not having to wait 40 minutes to have hot water?

Did you get a freebie? If you did the installer might have wanted to fit it and leave. If not I would get your installer back. A few settings should be checked regarding the way your boiler works. If it was a grant then save yourself a few quid and get an engineer to check it over and check water quality. It may cost you but may well save more money in the future.

Nath

Did you get a freebie? If you did the installer might have wanted to fit it and leave. If not I would get your installer back. A few settings should be checked regarding the way your boiler works. If it was a grant then save yourself a few quid and get an engineer to check it over and check water quality. It may cost you but may well save more money in the future.

Nath
Nath it was an upgrade from the housing association.Is there any particular settings you could tel me to check please?The max heating is set to 75 degrees,the water is set to 60 and there is a 2.1?Is this the flow?
How good are these boilers?
Why would the put the mechanical timer switch on a brand new combi boiler?

Ideally this should of been set up by your installer. I would tley speak to your housing officer. The 2.1 is the system pressure. A mechanical clock will work the same as an digital clock just not look as good.

Nath

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back