Valliant combi pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Whilst at a customer's home yesterday, she asked me to top up the combi pressure. It didn't actually need topping up at that point in time but it does drop too low about 4(?) times a year. I topped it up to the halfway mark. She asked me to top it up to three quarters. I advised her against it but, anywho... The odd thing was that it didn't actually increase at all. It just stayed at the halfway mark.

Admittedly, when I got there I discovered that one valve was open and the other closed. For the life of me I couldn't remember if they close clockwise or anticlockwise. So I left them as I found them.

I believe that the valves should be perpendicular to the pipe when closed and that you turn them anticlockwise to open them.

I am back on site tomorrow afternoon.

Is there a reason why the pressure wouldn't increase past the halfway? When I topped it up to half, the inrush of water was barely audible even though both valves were fully open.

Sponsored Links
What does "half way " mean ? if there are no numbers on the gauge its probably the newer model and half way could be way over pressurised.

And don't forget they will never exceed the pressure of the incoming mains.

Was the loop definitely attached?

Sponsored Links
Here is an image of the pressure gauge after I topped it up.

boilerprssure.jpg

Was the loop definitely attached?

It is inbuilt.

What does "half way " mean ? if there are no numbers on the gauge its probably the newer model and half way could be way over pressurised.

By halfway, I meant that it is halfway between the minimum and maximum recommended pressure.

One reflection I should have mentioned that it is an ecotech plus 381- apologies.

Yup, that's probably sitting at the upper 1 bar so it may be just that the mains pressure isn't the best, wouldn't worry about it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back