Varadkar was wrong.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Varadkar was wrong! Irish ex-diplomat demands EU be replaced with UK 'anglophone alliance' (msn.com)

Ray Bassett was speaking at a time of increasingly strained post-Brexit relations between Britain and the EU, exacerbated by the row over European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen's recent threat to ban exports of AstraZeneca vaccines. However, reports last week suggested Boris Johnson's Government was considered offering 3.7 million vaccines to the Republic, something former ambassador to Canada, Jamaica and the Bahamas Mr Bassett said would be extremely helpful going forward.

According to the Our World in Data website, as of March 31, the number of vaccines per 100 people which Ireland has so far administered (16.6) was slightly below the average for the EU27 (17.03), and less than one-third of the UK's rate (52.53).

He told Express.co.uk: "This vaccination fiasco demonstrates beyond doubt that the Euro devotion of our leaders comes at a high price.

"The move for the UK to offer some vaccines to the Republic of Ireland would be a good idea as the post Brexit period has been difficult for Ireland.

"There is a serious need to reset the relationship between London and Dublin and a magnanimous gesture, particularly after the unhelpful conduct of Leo Varadkar during Brexit, would be greatly appreciated and strategically good for the UK."

Mr Bassett outlined his vision for the future of British/Irish relations in Ireland and the EU Post Brexit, the book which he published last year.

He explained: "Ireland, under Taoiseach Micheal Martin, has moved subtly away from Varadkar's anti-British stance.

"Martin, along with Dutch PM Mark Rutte, helped lead the opposition inside the EU to tighter export controls on vaccines, something that was in the UK's interest.

"An Irish/British anglophone alliance could be very useful for both countries."

Speaking about the possibility of the UK giving Ireland some of its excess vaccines last week, Simon Coveney, Ireland's Foreign Minister, welcomed the idea, in theory at least, while remaining guarded.

Sponsored Links
Ray Bassett a campaigner for Irexit says he thinks Leo varadker is wrong

well blow me down with a feather...:ROFLMAO:

Ray Bassett a campaigner for Irexit says he thinks Leo varadker is wrong

well blow me down with a feather...:ROFLMAO:
Ray Basset is also a senior fellow in a right wing think tank based in London.
A think tank that argued for Brexit, in all its glory trading under WTO rules.

Leo summed up the EU really. Completely forgot who would have your back in a tricky situation. Let him fester with the others in the EU swamp.

Sponsored Links
When the going gets tough, the EU blame others & start smear campaigns. Leo fits right in.

Err thanks for that Nosey. Just as well those papers exist though otherwise you’d have nothing to post.

Err thanks for that Nosey
You're welcome.

My home page is a series of headline news feeds from various papers and news outlets. There are attacks upon the EU and Harry & Meghan every day from the Wail and the Express. I'm not at all surprised that the larger UK, RWR gammon flag shaggers are so biased, but also, so poorly informed.

If these two rags are their only news source then God help them.

EDIT: You will see none of the attacks/headlines from any other mainstream news agencies.

The right wing rags have been attacking the EU with lies for decades, with Bozza shamelessly writing some of the fake-news articles himself.

Bozza the Buffoon

"He is a clown, a self-centred ego, an embarrassing buffoon, with an untidy mind and sub-zero diplomatic judgement. He is an international stain on our reputation. He is a lonely, selfish, ill-disciplined, shambolic, shameless clot,”

Yeah....... How’s Kier getting on though? If Boris is so bad, how bad must Kier be!!!
Has it ever happened before that a party who’s been in power for so long just keeps upping there approval rating?
Surely the majority of the country don’t just read the newspapers that you disagree with.
You lot must be fuming, Boris just keeps becoming more & more popular. No wonder you’re so angry all the time. You’ll probably start hurling insults at me now. It’s not my fault things aren’t going your way.

Sponsored Links
Back